Evernote for Windows 5.4.0 RC

dlu

Hello Windows-land!

We are very excited to have a new beta for you. It includes much polish for Presentation Mode as well as a new feature we're tentatively calling Note Locking. It helps prevent note conflicts by reducing simultaneous edits. If you are in a shared notebook or a business notebook shared with others, you'll see if someone else is already editing the note you are on. The note will become read-only so you don't accidentally make conflicting changes (You can override this by clicking on the "Editing..." button and then clicking "Edit Anyways"). We'll be updating the note more frequently if you're in a situation where we know there are people viewing a note being edited.

Please try it out and let us know what you think, we'd love to get feedback!

You can opt into beta's by going to Tools >> Options and checking [ ] Update to pre-release version when available

You can also download directly here: http://cdn1.evernote.com/win5/prerelease/Evernote_5.4.0.3593.exe

thanks!

• Level 5*
It includes much polish for Presentation Mode

Yes, looking better, well done!  A couple of comments:

- I have a note with a landscape oriented pdf.  The pdf scales correctly in the note window but does not scale on the presentation screen.  It is only partially shown and cut off

- The video for Presentation Mode on the Mac shows live edits displaying on the presentation screen.  I don't see that in this version.  Will that feature be limited to the Mac or will it eventually show up in the Window's version?

Locking:

Appears to work as expected. Seems the web client is also getting this function at a similar time. Though I am not sure you can enable editing in the web client just yet.

Some screenshots:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/652a3618-9e3c-4172-928e-1296100788f6/4e5d42e4284f043f0f1e4d3a104c251d

Have you fixed the public notebook syncing? I just got a huge amount of notifications for changes, on notebooks that failed to sync before with the missing share id issue.

This may not be supported, but it appears that the "Show Note Info" is broken, when you have AutoShowNoteToolbar turned off in the registry. Now I don't see the info, but the editing toolbar seems a little broken. Likely not supported to a certain level, being a registry change, but I do prefer to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

dlu,

I just downloaded version 5.4.0.3698, and I am having some real issues with adding tags - they disappear

Here is how I replicate it

- Ctrl + N to creat a new note

- type in something in the body

- hit F3 to take me to tags

- type in a tag

- Hit enter twice

- Hit F9 to sync

- tag is gone

This only appears to be an issue in business notebooks

• Level 5*

dlu,

I just downloaded version 5.4.0.3698, and I am having some real issues with adding tags - they disappear

- type in a tag

- Hit enter twice

- Hit F9 to sync

- tag is gone

You posted separately in the forum about this. I moved that post to the Evernote for Business forum.

dlu,

- type in a tag

- Hit enter twice

- Hit F9 to sync

- tag is gone

Just tested and confirmed I have the same problem on the Business side.

Regards

Chris

A few other observations

• I have found that the text editor feels clunkier.  The letters appear slower after I type them.  Every so often, they will not appear as I type, only to "catch-up" and show the 4-5 words I have typed at once.  I cannot reproduce this on command, however, but it happens every couple of minutes.  It is not just a typing issue, but also happens if I use the arrows to move the cursor.  i.e. the cursor will get "stuck" and then catch up two seconds later.  Maybe this is related to the new editing lock functionality?
  • In the list view, under the "Sync" column, it used to show me the notes that had not been sync'ed as I work on them.  It does not seem to do that any more. To reproduce, just edit a note in the personal or business side. The Sync column value does not change to show the "dot" it used to show
  • I also miss the fact that on the header of the note panel it used to show who created/last edited the note.  I used that quite a bit given that we use the product on a very collaborative setting.  Now I have to hit the "i" icon to see it.  Not a big deal, but perhaps you could make that field be an available column in the list view?

As with Xabi, I am finding the whole Evernote experience is slowing down. It seems to be almost continually trying to do something.

Typing in a Note is becoming a slow task and it will often stop working several times during Note input coming up with an error on the top bar. But as Xabi explains you cannot reproduce it. 

Again this is on the Business version of Evernote.

This is on 5.4.0.3698 (271698) Public.

Regards

Chris

Hello All,

I have problems with sending mails to evernote mail. When I forward the message to evernote mail they dont appear in the Evernote, neither Web client nor Windows 8. One mail was forwarded but it only appears in Web client and not in EN Windows client. Anybody experience this issue ?

Also on  5.4.0.3698 GA

A few other observations

• I have found that the text editor feels clunkier.  The letters appear slower after I type them.  Every so often, they will not appear as I type, only to "catch-up" and show the 4-5 words I have typed at once.  I cannot reproduce this on command, however, but it happens every couple of minutes.  It is not just a typing issue, but also happens if I use the arrows to move the cursor.  i.e. the cursor will get "stuck" and then catch up two seconds later.  Maybe this is related to the new editing lock functionality?
  • In the list view, under the "Sync" column, it used to show me the notes that had not been sync'ed as I work on them.  It does not seem to do that any more. To reproduce, just edit a note in the personal or business side. The Sync column value does not change to show the "dot" it used to show
  • I also miss the fact that on the header of the note panel it used to show who created/last edited the note.  I used that quite a bit given that we use the product on a very collaborative setting.  Now I have to hit the "i" icon to see it.  Not a big deal, but perhaps you could make that field be an available column in the list view?

Hi Xabi, 

I have turned this into a ticket for you.

Regards

Chris

Archived