Hi. I know there's a discussion running around here somewhere, but try as I might, I can't find it. My apologies to the mods.

On the thread I'm referring to there are several complaints about how the Cut/Copy and Paste function is not working. How if there is any kind of line break, you can only Select one block of text - unbroken by by any form of a line break, i.e. a bullet or a paragraph break - and Cut or Copy & Paste it elsewhere within or without the note - one section at time.

At the time I said it doesn't bother me. Well it does now that I find myself needing to it a lot more often. In fact, I'm finding downright frustrating. Infuriating even!

Does anyone know if there' s fix for this is coming?

Tks. ;)

• Level 5*

Hiya

If this is the problem related to notes containing formatting problems for the Android client,  then some help might be on the way - I'm running on the latest Beta and I haven't noticed any major issues.. but then I tend not to edit copy on my phone anyway.  Not sure if its worth the risk to suggest you try the beta - depends on how essential your editing is.  There are things in the pipeline (I believe) - don;t know when they'll hit mainstream though.

Hi Gaz.

It's not just with additonal formatting like say, bullets. The Copy and Paste function doesn't work properly with any kind of text that is not a solid, unbroken block. If you try to Select & Copy text broken into two or more paragraphs - even if each paragraph consists of just two or three word sentences (for example) - it refuses to Select more than one paragraph at a time, ergo you cannot Copy more than what the app allows you to Select.

Also, Pasting - be it from the same note or a different note, or from an outside app/program, still automatically pastes at the very start of your note, regardless of where you put the cursor.

As things stand with the Android app right now, I've taken to preparing any text I want for a new note, in another app or draft email, then Select all of it and Paste into the new note. If making major changes to an existing note that involve rearranging the note's text, I have to Select, Copy and Paste the entire note contents - piece by piece - into another app or draft email, make my changes, Select and Copy everything, and Paste into an entirely new EN Note, then delete the original note, as well as the draft copy of whichever app/program I perpared it in.

This is very frustrating if I'm dealing with more than just one or two notes in a day. Obviously it's much easier to do any major changes on my Windows PC, but I've come to rely on mobile apps for health related reasons. Put simply, it's physically much easier for me to work from my phone even at home, than it is to use my laptop. It's also a lot easier on my eyes than a full size computer screen, which means less migraines. (If you've ever had a migraine, you would know why that's an important goal!)

I haven't tried the Android Beta version and am leary to do so. I'm a bit paranoid I'll mess up even more using a not officially released version.

Anyway, I hope we'll see these bugs in the Android app fixed soon. :)

Hiya

If this is the problem related to notes containing formatting problems for the Android client, then some help might be on the way - I'm running on the latest Beta and I haven't noticed any major issues.. but then I tend not to edit copy on my phone anyway. Not sure if its worth the risk to suggest you try the beta - depends on how essential your editing is. There are things in the pipeline (I believe) - don;t know when they'll hit mainstream though.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Might be helpful to detail your issues - that last post was 18 months ago and there have been a slew of updates since then. Don't get me wrong,  there's still a long way to go:  but bullets are better,  tables are better...  What exactly are you having problems with?

Archived