Renamed/moved notebooks not syncing

Dropper

Hi all

I use Evernote Premium on Windows, Android & the Clipper extension on Chrome for Windows 7. All should be the latest version of Evernote for each respective platform.

I have a notebook which I have renamed and moved to a stack on the desktop client. On Android the notebook exists however it has the old name and is not in the stack (although the stack which this notebook is meant to be in does exist). Additionally, notes added to this notebook on the desktop client still synchronise over to the equivalent notebook (the one with the wrong name/location) on my Android device. Furthermore, you can still clip to this notebook even though the name is incorrect.

Do I need to sign out and then back in again? It seems strange to me that these changes haven't been fully synchronised as at the moment I'm having to remember two names/locations for the same notebook.

Please let me know if there's a fix. I couldn't find anything else in the forum but either I'm looking in the wrong place or using the wrong keywords to search.

Thanks

Conor

• Level 5*

Hi - I think you nailed it:  sign out,  sign back in and see what happens.  Check Evernote settings and clear any caches you can find there and on the Android..  remember that your device has to re-download the whole stack information to display it,  so will likely take a while to catch up unless you force it.  

Had the same problem today. Found that if I manually created the new notebook on my mobile device, then moved a test note into it... the desktop client started to sync properly with notes flowing into it. These then appeared on my mobile devices and things were back in sync.

Took a bit of messing around to get it going as I did a bit of restructuring to my notebooks from my desktop, but it got there eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Signing out and then back in again did not work, on either the web clipper or the Android client.

I tried creating a new notebook in the web version with the same name as the correct notebook in the desktop client. I tried syncing this in the desktop client but nothing seemed to happen. So I moved a few notes from notebook with the correct name (newly created and empty) and the notebook with the old name (contains 90+ notes) on the web version and then synced this on the desktop client. Instead of this fixing the problem there's now the original notebook with the correct name with a few less notes in it. The notes I moved have gone into a notebook with the name "<no name>" (without the quotation marks), so at least they're still there!

I'm going to move them all back to the original notebook with the correct name on the desktop client and open a support ticket.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Has anything come of this?

Im having a nightmare of a time synching my desktop EN with either my phone or the web. I 'foolishly' reorganised my notes by dragging old ones from verious notebooks into one called 'archived'. Now the notebook structure is a mess and looks different on all devices.

• Level 5*

Evernote can only react to issues that are reported to it - the more trouble tickets the higher the priority.  Raising a problem here will get you some attention,  but the best thing to do to raise a proper flag on something is to submit a support request (see below).

Archived