Stop showing ads for paying premium users!

I am a paying Evernote Premium user and one of the reasons I have paid is to remove the ads.

Still, in Webclipper, every few clips I get spammed with "tips" advertising Evernote Food or trying to get me to invite friends:

QzLbyik.png

C6tfUXA.png

This is incredibly annoying. Why do I get popups like this even though I paid to remove them?

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi,

This is what I came to the forum to post about. I'm also a premium user, but I don't see any advantages at this point. I don't use the extra storage. Premium support seems to be nonexistent (not that I've tried - just going by what I've read on this forum). And I still get spammed endlessly about features that I have no interest in. Every time I open Evernote on my phone I need to close or scroll past the ad windows.

Is there any way to get rid of the ads?

Thank you.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I signed up for the premium evernote account (monthly vs. annually for now) and when I create a note on my Galaxy S5 Mobile App Version 7.0.7.1 it always adds a header that says: "Note from Jake Davis DEBUT ALBUM IS HERE  :) @ Waukesha, Wisconsin"  See attached file for a screen shot of the note. 

Is this normal?  Why is this happening if I am a premium user?

Thanks,

Mike

post-265296-0-77381500-1438357541_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Agreed.  On iOS, I get an ad to buy Evernote for Business and all manner of other products each time I launch the app.  Annoying, especially when I already pay for Premium.  So, what, I need to buy every product Evernote offers to get the ads to stop?

• 4 weeks later...

this is now over a year old thread - and STILL we premium PAYING users are being advertised to. On my android - constant pop ups for business evernote. I get it - you have a business version - i clicked the X - i'm NOT interested!! get the hint!   on my ios - you want me to do Work Chat -ONCE again - i click the x - I'M NOT INTERESTED.   This service isn't 10/ year... its pretty expensive - STOP ADVERTISING TO YOUR PAID SUBSCRIBERS PLEASE.

this is now over a year old thread - and STILL we premium PAYING users are being advertised to. On my android - constant pop ups for business evernote. I get it - you have a business version - i clicked the X - i'm NOT interested!! get the hint! on my ios - you want me to do Work Chat -ONCE again - i click the x - I'M NOT INTERESTED. This service isn't 10/ year... its pretty expensive - STOP ADVERTISING TO YOUR PAID SUBSCRIBERS PLEASE.

This is happening to me too. Seriously... This is crazy. I cannot see how to attach screen captures here (I am on iPhone), but if I could I would show you a Wall Street Journal ad about the Pope just below my work in a notebook!!! I have a premium account! Why am I seeing ads????

• 5 months later...

Hello Everyone - I was using the desktop app on my Mac today and the attached ad sword up in my window. I am a premium user fro one reason, I do not want ANY advertising. No distractions. Can you please tell me how to turn this off. My apologies if this solution is posted somewhere else but I could not find it. To be clear, I do not want Evernote to push me anything. I have enough going on in my world without distractions. 

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 11.50.10 AM.png

• 6 months later...

I just renewed my 1-year Evernote PREMIUM abo and payed 59 € ( ~ 66 $US)

Evernote says this to be an already reduced price.

For 3 years - being a PREMIUM user - this works out at 177 € (~US$198 )

Regarding the price of Devonthink Pro Office  ~150 € (~ US$ 169) for a lifetime  license and ever (?),

thestill existing ugly ads in Evernote Premium, the slow search feature compared to Devonthink Pro Office

and many missing other features  in Evernote you will find instead in Devonthink Pro Office I think you should at least remove the ads.

(Remark: there are two items I don't return to Devonthink Pro Office:

1. Restoring Devonthink Pro Office from my backups after rebuilding Mac OS X I often lost data. Such cons I never found in Evernote 

2. The ios version of Devonthink Pro Office is still insufficient)

I regret that I already payed for an overpriced insufficient product.

Again, I am looking for an alternative to both evernote and Devonthink Pro Office.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, wlfende said:

thestill existing ugly ads in Evernote Premium, the slow search feature compared to Devonthink Pro Office

Can you post a screenshot of the ads - I haven't noticed any

If you're unhappy with results from the context feature, you can turn that off in the account settings.

• 2 months later...

Also  paid, Premium user and today got an ad (video) in the middle of editing a note with pics. Really hope this was an error. I'm not going to keep paying if it comes with ads. You have a great program, but you aren't  only notetaker in town.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, mattjans said:

Also  paid, Premium user and today got an ad (video) in the middle of editing a note with pics. Really hope this was an error. I'm not going to keep paying if it comes with ads. You have a great program, but you aren't  only notetaker in town.

Not sure what you're seeing - I don't get adds

As mentioned above, do you have the "Show Context/Related Content" options clicked?  
I turned mine off

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 8.01.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-05 at 8.02.26 AM.png

Archived