Am terrified I'll lose all my cloud evernotes if I download to Mac

newbie999

Idea

I have been using evernote in the cloud. Just got a download suggestion, and makes senmse. We have power cuts, means i can still work when off the internet.

BUT. I am afraid that Evernote will erase my notes in the cloud if I download it. It will think I'm starting from scratch and empty my notes. Will it????

3 replies to this idea

I have been using evernote in the cloud. Just got a download suggestion, and makes senmse. We have power cuts, means i can still work when off the internet.

BUT. I am afraid that Evernote will erase my notes in the cloud if I download it. It will think I'm starting from scratch and empty my notes. Will it????

Welcome to the forums.  Think of your information in the Evernote Cloud as "your" permanent storage place. When you make a new note on your Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, etc., and then sync to the cloud, that is where it goes and where it stays. If one of your devices is destroyed, you have not lost your information. It is gone from the destroyed device but it is still in the Evernote Cloud. Just get a new device and install Evernote and sync, Bingo there is all of your information.

From what I understand about Evernote, they had multiple backups of all of  "our" information, so I consider it to be very safe.

Regards,

David in Wichita

Thanks for replying, but I don't have an answer. I use evernote, on the web. saved in the cloud.

If I download evernote to my computer, for use offline, will evernote think I am a new user and give me a blank evernote?

Q: Will all my notes get erased? Or will it download my work so far?

No it will not think you are a new user, notes created offline will get uploaded when you have a new connection.

When you first install the Evernote app and log in, the app will download everything from he server, it knows what to do here, it will not erase the server.

It is always good practice to back up your computer' shard drive, you should make regular backups of your local Evernote database while you are at it. You will probably never need it, but when you do you'll be glad you have it. There are lots of posts in this community about backups and I am sure a google search will also provide details.

Archived