Suggestions for todo and done (diary) tools

I've been using Evernote for a couple of years now, but I've got a new project coming up where I'm going to need pretty thorough tools for

-making ToDo lists

-making tasks done lists (diary)

Any suggestions?

Hmmm well I have never been terribly keen on Evernote for list making/todo management actually, although I know many users do have success with this. 

I generally keep content in Evernote, and I use Wunderlist for to-dos. I use evernote note links like crazy to tie those Wunderlist to-dos to the content stored in evernote. 

Now, this is not to suggest that Wunderlist in particular is the solution, but I find note links allow me to use some other tool more suited to to-doing. 

If, however, you chose Wunderlist, you could create a tasks-done diary by selecting all the tasks you have completed and printing those selected tasks to a PDF into Evernote. 

No real experience with Zendone, and I am not a subscriber to the GTD method so no advice there. My short time with Zendone suggests that there is a bit of a learning curve which may be prohibitive if you need to jump into something quickly. 

All of this to say - I am always doubtful of the effectiveness of Evernote as a to-do manager, but note links make using other software a breeze. 

Thanks, Scott. I'm curious, how do you link to your Evernotes? Do you click the "share" button in Evernote, or something else?

(I'm wondering about the unsecure nature of a shared link).

I use evernote:/// links, or what are now called "classic note links". These go into my calendar or Wunderlist depending on what I'm doing.

These also work in instances where a todo or calendar event is shared with my partner. Either of us can paste evernote:/// links to a note in a shared notebook and the other can open it just fine (since the note is in a notebook we share between us).

Evernote:/// links aren't public links so no security issue there. 

• 9 months later...

I've been using Evernote for a couple of years now, but I've got a new project coming up where I'm going to need pretty thorough tools for

-making ToDo lists

-making tasks done lists (diary)

Any suggestions?

Creating to do lists or pulling tasks from Evernote is the core of the Swipes App.

As for making tasks done list here's something you may find useful: http://support.swipesapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/201746601-How-do-I-search-by-tags-on-the-iOS-app-How-to-filter-out-tasks-

Archived