Feature Requests

mattcooling

Idea

I recently purchased the Adonit Evernote stylus, and although the accuracy improves the experience with Penultimate, there are some features that would make the experience far better (currently I keep reverting back to another app, but I'd much prefer to just use Evernote/Penultimate):

1. Have the option to only respond to the stylus and ignore anything else - I constantly find I have to either remove marks from my palm, which to me was one of the key things I was looking for from the dedicated stylus
  2. Allow the page to rotate when I rotate the iPad, rather than just the tools (and then pan up/down the page)
  3. Allow intermediate 'zoom' settings, rather than just 'full' or 'zoomed in'

Thanks,

Matt

3 replies to this idea

I too have some feature requests in addition to mattcooling's suggestion of rotating the page. I would like to be able to type in my penultimate app along with hand writing. In some cases it is faster to type, others it is faster to write. Also, I would love the ability to rotate an imported picture.

I have been using Penultimate since March 2013 and the Adonit JotScript since January 2014. I love both. The stylus has occasionally stopped working as I write notes, but this has only been an occasional glitch - and it seems to only get confused when I am writing at my top speed. Otherwise, the experience has been amazing. I use this app almost exclusively for meeting notes, with students, administration and employers in my job in career services.

The features suggested above would be fantastic! I have another to suggest, although I'm not even sure if it is technically possible... It would be very useful if certain notes I took in Penultimate were automatically transferred to Reminders. Perhaps there could be a particular symbol that would identify the line that follows as an actionable item that would then be transcribed to the Reminders app. For example, an actionable item could be preceded by a star shape. This line would then be transcribed to Reminders.

Like I said, I don't know if this is even possible but if it were, I could see this feature giving rise to other symbols adding functions to the app.

I also use Penultimate exclusively for job site notes.  Multiple times now I have unknowingly lost entire pages of notes because of the 'clear page' function.  If I'm carrying my iPad and don't take the terribly inconvenient step putting it to sleep to walk 35 feet from point A to point B, I have the opportunity to inadvertently 'clear page' which removes whole sets of measurements and data that I've collected.  When I'm on site, I'm not focusing on how I carry my iPad, I'm speaking with my customer while I walk.  I shouldn't have to coddle my technology when I'm using it.  Neither should I have to think about the fact that my amazing note taking app just might decide that I don't really need all the notes I've just taken.  When I get back to the office, I realize that I'm now missing measurements and have to return to the job site. That's a situation that both wastes my time and makes me look like an IDIOT in front of my customer.  Today I'm posting because of something I wrote down a couple weeks ago and now have to go reproduce.  Not very convenient when I'm trying to draw a plan TODAY based on those now missing notes.  

Can we not get an option in the settings to turn that off?  I have purposefully used 'clear page' ONCE since I started using Penultimate... which has been a good long time now.

I already have the evernote backup in place, but if I manage to erase a page before I hit the wifi to update, it does nothing to help me.  The 'clear page' function serves absolutely no purpose for me other than to be the 'destroy hard work' button.

PLEASE for the love of all that is good and green put in an option to turn that off in the settings...

Archived