Empty notebook - when trying to delete, receive warning about notes

tavor

• Level 5*

I've got an empty local notebook in EN Windows 7 desktop app. When I attempt to delete the notebook, I get the usual Confirm Action dialogue box. In that dialogue box, when I select 'Delete Notebook', I get another dialogue box:

"You are about to PERMANENTLY delete 3 notes." Usual options - either Delete or Cancel.

So how come I can't see these notes? As I mentioned, the notebook is empty, as far as I can see.

• Level 5*

Random suggestions - 

• Have a look in your desktop trash notebook and delete anything you have there.
  • Try exporting your problem notebook to an ENEX file and re-importing the 'contents' into another temporary local notebook.
  • Try uninstalling and clean-reinstalling the app.*
  • If you have no other local notebooks or unsynced files,  consider renaming your current database file and re-downloading it.*

* search the forums for full instruction on these.

• Level 5*

Random suggestions - 

• Have a look in your desktop trash notebook and delete anything you have there.
  • Try exporting your problem notebook to an ENEX file and re-importing the 'contents' into another temporary local notebook.
  • Try uninstalling and clean-reinstalling the app.*
  • If you have no other local notebooks or unsynced files,  consider renaming your current database file and re-downloading it.*

* search the forums for full instruction on these.

Thanks. There were 3 notes from that notebook in the Trash. Deleting them eliminated the extra warning prompt when deleting the notebook.

I've got an empty local notebook in EN Windows 7 desktop app. When I attempt to delete the notebook, I get the usual Confirm Action dialogue box. In that dialogue box, when I select 'Delete Notebook', I get another dialogue box:

"You are about to PERMANENTLY delete 3 notes." Usual options - either Delete or Cancel.

So how come I can't see these notes? As I mentioned, the notebook is empty, as far as I can see.

I've also seen this message. But I count the number of notes (all notes) before the delete & after. They always remain the same (when the notebook being deleted is empty.) I don't remember enough about the situation to know if it's restricted to local notebooks or if it's the trash issue Owyn pointed out.

Archived