Timed Crosshair Snapshot delay not working

austegard

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm having this issue as well... 

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.4 and reinstalled (from both the website and the app store) Skitch 2.7.8 (264008).

I rely on this feature a lot for drop downs and hover menus. Any suggestions with this?

• 3 months later...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, @Morgon. I didn't receive a notification of this and just stumbled upon this post today. Please feel free to direct message me in the future.

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. For those of you experiencing this, after selecting an area with the crosshairs, what happens? Does it immediately take a screenshot of the selected area or does the app become non-responsive? 

Thank you very much for responding.

I can't speak for others, but for me, it immediately takes a snapshot of the window I'm targeting without counting down.

If I drag a selection rectangle, I do get the countdown timer, but I could swear Skitch used to take timed snapshots when clicking to target the active window; that's the part that isn't working.

@Morgon, Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like you might be thinking of the Menu Snapshot or Window Snapshot options. You can find these under "Capture" on the top menu bar. Let me know if this doesn't help!

Menu Snapshot: This seems to be for local menus. A timed window screenshot is helpful for UI that have hover-state, such as dynamic JS/HTML menus or other popups.

Window Snapshot: This seems to be the same as single-clicking a window in 'Screen Snap' mode, except with an explicit prompt. It does not seem to offer a countdown.

I *am* looking for a "Window Snapshot" with a countdown mode, but since Screen Snap mirrors Window Snapshot, Timed Screen Snap should offer the same. Again, I distinctly remember this option being in Skitch a few years ago... it's possible I've dreamed it up, but it should definitely be there all the same. :)

@Morgon, 

Ah, thanks for clarifying and you are not dreaming; this was a feature in Skitch Version 1 but was removed in Version 2. I went ahead and passed your comments along to our development team.

I hope this helps!

• 1 year later...

I have also experienced this Problem on MacBook Air on MacOS Sierra v10.12.6-

image.png.f4c4e302bfb1f2723ba2e4a53a303ade.png

One of the fundamentals of any screen grab tool is to capture drop downs and the like I've come to a complete halt now on an important software training document.

Developers - please contact me as I have worked for the last 20 years on the Interactive Whiteboard and Touchscreen market place and can tell you about some fundamental tools you are missing. It would be useful for example to have a select tool built into the tool bar. I'll explain why when you get in touch. Meanwhile, I'm going to have to find another tool that will meet requirements!

Bruce

Archived