Scroll position not preserved on note save - specifically, following image annotation

Jay Starkey

Anytime the note is saved, the scroll position resets to document top.  This behavior is quite cumbersome when annotating images -- after clicking "done" in Skitch, the note saves, and therefore is reset to the top of the doc.  In the middle of a long note, this means trouble finding the spot I was previously working at.  The appropriate behavior would be to save the current scroll position with note saves and maintain it post-save. 

Windows 7, 64 bit, EN 5.3.1.3363

This has been discussed before so Evernote is aware that it's on the features wish list of some users. If or when it's actually added, is anyone's guess. Evernote does not generally share their roadmaps with us, sorry. :)

Anytime the note is saved, the scroll position resets to document top. This behavior is quite cumbersome when annotating images -- after clicking "done" in Skitch, the note saves, and therefore is reset to the top of the doc. In the middle of a long note, this means trouble finding the spot I was previously working at. The appropriate behavior would be to save the current scroll position with note saves and maintain it post-save.

Windows 7, 64 bit, EN 5.3.1.3363

Yes, Jay, they do indeed read each and every post. It's just very rare, though not unheard of, to have an EN staffer actually leave comments/replies.

On the upside, your posting about this counts, in an informal kind of way, as a +1 for those of us wanting this feature. I've already added my voice on a previous thread, as I agree it would be most useful. Though I don't know what, if any, bearing our voicing our desires might have on company policy.

Cheers. :)

Odd that it would be considered a feature request -- seems like a bug to me... Do Evernote technical staff look at these forums, do you know?

I also find this very frustrating.

Where it affects me is changing the view of an attachment (eg PDF file) between displayed and 'as attachment'. As I often have notes with several PDFs, it is annoying having to relocate my place whenever I change the view.

Geoffrey

Archived