keyboard shortcuts-Am I missing something

mcarrara

Am I missing something or am I just the last person who still uses a keyboard?

What I am trying to do is go through a long list of new notes, tag them and put them into notbooks.  I start at the top of the notes list and can use the arrow keys to move up and down the list, when I get to the note I want to work on I press enter.  I use keyboard shortcuts to add tages then what?  How do I get back to the list?  I found a post with this question two years ago is there still not solution?

In a similar vein, EVERY other program I have used, not just Windows but even back on an ASA400 useds the tab key to move between fields.  But for some odd, very odd reason when adding a new note after entering a title, tab moves you to tree view, then tab again goes to the notes list.  If I could tab out of a note that would solve my first issue, but alas that does not work.  No to move from title to test field you have to use enter.  After thirty years of tab, I just can't change the muscle memory for one program, no matter how useful.  SO I have to use the mouse.

• Level 5*

Am I missing something or am I just the last person who still uses a keyboard?

What I am trying to do is go through a long list of new notes, tag them and put them into notbooks.  I start at the top of the notes list and can use the arrow keys to move up and down the list, when I get to the note I want to work on I press enter.  I use keyboard shortcuts to add tages then what?  How do I get back to the list?  I found a post with this question two years ago is there still not solution?

What was the post with the same question?

In a similar vein, EVERY other program I have used, not just Windows but even back on an ASA400 useds the tab key to move between fields.  But for some odd, very odd reason when adding a new note after entering a title, tab moves you to tree view, then tab again goes to the notes list.  If I could tab out of a note that would solve my first issue, but alas that does not work.  No to move from title to test field you have to use enter.  After thirty years of tab, I just can't change the muscle memory for one program, no matter how useful.  SO I have to use the mouse.

Tabbing around the Windows client has never been that good.You might find this list of Evernote Windows shortcuts to be useful: http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168552

Archived