Cannot add a second tag

Phil2656

Hi,

I have 2 problems today

1) I cannot add a second tag on a note on the desktop app. It works on the web app, but on the desktop, when I click on the tag, it disapears. Please, look at the screen shot: there is a slash sign  that should not be there.

2) the links to a website are not active and not blue. They stay black and are not clickable

Dop you have any suggestions?

post-125864-0-74419200-1397832978_thumb.

Hi,

I have 2 problems today

1) I cannot add a second tag on a note on the desktop app. It works on the web app, but on the desktop, when I click on the tag, it disapears. Please, look at the screen shot: there is a slash sign  that should not be there.

2) the links to a website are not active and not blue. They stay black and are not clickable

Dop you have any suggestions?

What desktop client?  I can easily add multiple tags on the Windows client. 

I don't understand about the slash...can you not backspace/delete it?  Is it there b/c you fat fingered it? 

WRT links, in some instances/clients (IME) the link is not blue/clickable.  But if you position cursor behind it & press ENTER, it becomes clickable.

Thank you for your answer. I use a window desktop, the last version available. When I want to add a second tag, the window "add tag" pops up. In this window, I can see the sign \ blinking, which is not normal. I can select my tag but when I click on OK, it disappears. it is not pasted on the note. The problem is not on all the tags, but it is on the tag that I use the most right now, the tag "2014"!

I have to go to work now and will answer this night if I have to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Yes, I have the same problem with the current beta Windows client. I don't see a '\' sign. But when I try to enter a tag it doesn't accept the tag when I press the OK button. It just empties the entry field and stays open.

Workaround: Open the note in a separate window by a double click on the snippet view. There you can enter the additional tag directly into the note's title without using the popup dialog.

However, if many tags are added in that way and the title becomes too small for new tags to enter the same problem occurs.

I am having the exact same problem. Unfortunately, the problem still exists in the newest version Evernote for Windows 5.4.0.3593 RC. The only workaround I found is to use the App to add multiple tags to a note. Not the most elegant solution...

• Level 5

I am having the exact same problem. Unfortunately, the problem still exists in the newest version Evernote for Windows 5.4.0.3593 RC. The only workaround I found is to use the App to add multiple tags to a note. Not the most elegant solution...

Please try my (updated) workaround:

Workaround: Open the note in a separate window by a double click on the snippet view. There you can enter the additional tags directly into the note's title without using the popup dialog.

This at least works until the bigger area for adding tags gets too small as well.

Please try my (updated) workaround:

Workaround: Open the note in a separate window by a double click on the snippet view. There you can enter the additional tags directly into the note's title without using the popup dialog.

This at least works until the bigger area for adding tags gets too small as well.

Thanks, your workaround is defintely better than using the app...

I agree...this is annoying..to click OK and see the tag disappear. However, there is a simple workaround. After you select your tag and it appears on the line, click "Enter" on the keyboard. It always works. EN needs to fix this bug, even if it is a minor one. Reminds me of Lucy in Peanuts jerking away the football when I click "OK".  :-)

Hi,

The Evernote Support came back with this answer. Hope this helps.

"Thank you for the screenshot provided.
Could you happen to have your application window reduced (not in full screen mode)?
That window message will be trigged once your Note window is reduced so you do not have enough space to add several Tags to the Note. We suggest that you expand the Note window in order for the Tags field appear displayed to the right of the first Tag added to the Note.
We look forward to assisting you in case you run into any other questions or have any other issues.
Thank you,"

I agree...this is annoying..to click OK and see the tag disappear. However, there is a simple workaround. After you select your tag and it appears on the line, click "Enter" on the keyboard. It always works. EN needs to fix this bug, even if it is a minor one. Reminds me of Lucy in Peanuts jerking away the football when I click "OK".  :-)

Thanks, simple but works well! I just installed version 5.4.0.3698 and the bug is still not fixed. :-( 

• Level 5*

While Evernote devs do read these posts,  no-one here said that they raised a support ticket..  The devs will be aware of the problem,  but it won't get fixed overnight.

• Level 5*

There is no guarantee that the Evernote Devs will see or know about EVERY post here.  If you have a bug or serious issue, I highly recommend that you submit a Support Ticket (see below).

• Level 5*

Hi,

The Evernote Support came back with this answer. Hope this helps.

"Thank you for the screenshot provided.

Could you happen to have your application window reduced (not in full screen mode)?

That window message will be trigged once your Note window is reduced so you do not have enough space to add several Tags to the Note. We suggest that you expand the Note window in order for the Tags field appear displayed to the right of the first Tag added to the Note.

We look forward to assisting you in case you run into any other questions or have any other issues.

Thank you,"

The original poster *did* already report this to support, and got an answer. If they're not happy with the answer that they got, and feel it's an actual bug, it's incumbent on them to push back and respond to the answer; otherwise the ticket will be closed. If on further information, evidence, review, persuasion, etc, it's determined that it is in fact a bug, then it will be reported to the development team.

Archived