I currently use Evernote on work and home PC's and Android phone (personal) and tablet (work).  Some of the notes I keep for work are around Human Resource issues which are confidential.  It would be really useful if I could password protect a note.  Is this an issue for other user's?

• Level 5*

You can't password protect notes,  but you could use another account for sensitive issues so the log-in is your security.  Check on your local regulations governing personal data though - in the UK this is pretty restricted.

I currently use Evernote on work and home PC's and Android phone (personal) and tablet (work).  Some of the notes I keep for work are around Human Resource issues which are confidential.  It would be really useful if I could password protect a note.  Is this an issue for other user's?

There is plenty of discussion on encryption of sensitive data.  Please search the board on the topic.  Also, as Gaz mentioned, if you've not done so already, you should confirm it's not a violation of a privacy issue to put this data on a cloud, even if it's encrypted.

• Level 5*

It is an important issue that you can address in several ways:

1) encrypt the text passages using Evernote's 128-bit AES protection

2) put sensitive data into a PDF and (if you have the appropriate software like Adobe Acrobat Pro) encrypt with 256-bit protection

3) don't put it on the cloud at all and keep it in a local notebook

I talk about some of these solutions here (some of it only applicable to the iPad, but the thinking behind it would be the same for any mobile device):

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=288

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=1605

Archived