Features Request – To the Windows Desktop Client

Urbano Freitas

Hi Evernote community. I came to share my Evernote main "desired" features.

Do you agree this features are worth? If so share your opinion, so Evernote employees can think in include it on their roadmaps.

Thanks!

1. Boomarks, Headings and Table of contents implementation

I use more, and more Evernote to GTD, and in that process I tend to create long notes. So bookmarks, Headings and Table of contents are essential to quickly organize a note and jump between sections. That for me in general are: “To Do” itens, References, Logs (actions done, contacts made, etc).

This something that Microsoft Onenote put Evernote apart. I use Onenote in work, and now with they have synchronization and multiple clients,  I must confess I am very tempted to switch. For me this is a game changing feature.

I now, we could create several notes, and put links in one major note, but for me, this only bring sprawl of notes, and mean for work to manage notes, and GTD. I like have all content, specially of a Task Note in the same note. But when notes are big, they become difficult to use without at least bookmarks.

2. Can have several Evernote “Main” Windows

I tend to make several searches, or to organize multiple notebooks, so have several Main Windows in the desktop client , like we can have in Onenote would be a great.

This can be done with the Web client, but sometimes we simply don’t have Internet access.

3. Template Integration

I now there are techniques to get this done and even 3th party apps. But I want integrated. In particulary in Task Notes I tend to use always the same structure in notes, to Note Templates would be a great

I manage do this in my work Outlook, and my productivity went up.

4. Template Integration

I now there are techniques to get this done and even 3th party apps. But I want integrated. In particulary in Task Notes I tend to use always the same structure in notes, to Note Templates would be a great

I manage do this in my work Outlook, and my productivity went up.

5. Rules definition

I redirect a lot of emails to Evernote to archive it, but first I want tag it.

When I finish a task I tag it with ".done" and move it to other notebook (archive).

For now all the above tasks, must be done manually, but it would be awesome if we could create rules, that allow do this automaticly. It would be a lot of saved time.

At least a Quick Steps, like in Microsoft Outlook.

• Level 5*

Hi and thanks for your comment - most of those items have been suggested before,  and since Evernote developers read these forums,  are already in a list somewhere;  Evernote however don't usually comment in advance about what they may be planning,  or when it might be available.  It's already been noted here too that all the "+1" action in the world won't get one feature bumped up in the queue.  Evernote have their own plan,  and tend to stick to it!

Hi,

For start, thanks for your quick feedback.

I'm aware that the majority of the itens were suggested before, but since I never saw it together and for me, it make sense putting together.

I also aware that Evernote have is own agenda, but since they say they read all the posts, I share it, so they think if this make any sense to them. If they don't bring what people want, they will not have clients ;)

Again, thanks for your feedback.

Archived