Small bug in EN for Windows 7

In Windows 7, I have EN fixed to the task line. When opening the program, another EN icon appears beside the fixed program icons. That is esthetically disturbing, and does not follow the Wondows 7 conventions. Most programs in Windows 7 only have one icon in the task line, and that icon is being highlighted when one opens the program.

Rune.

post-136474-0-67207500-1397209621_thumb.

I noticed that when I started using it too, but it seems to similar to the way Window tabs work. The one on the left representing a short-cut to open the program, and the one on the right indicating you have at least one open Evernote instance running. Does that make sense?

• Level 5*

I don't get two icons..  do you exit Evernote via File > Exit,  or just by clicking the 'x' in the window?  The 'x' will leave one instance of Evernote running,  which may be why you get two icons?

I don't get two icons.. do you exit Evernote via File > Exit, or just by clicking the 'x' in the window? The 'x' will leave one instance of Evernote running, which may be why you get two icons?

I'm beginning to think you have a special issue of Windows 7 the rest of us poor slobs didn't get. ;)

• Level 5*

I don't get two icons.. do you exit Evernote via File > Exit, or just by clicking the 'x' in the window? The 'x' will leave one instance of Evernote running, which may be why you get two icons?

I'm beginning to think you have a special issue of Windows 7 the rest of us poor slobs didn't get. ;)

Either that or I'm the least observant user ever.

:blink:

Solution: Do not pin the desktop symbol of EN to the taskbar but start EN. Only then pin the running program to the taskbar, and you will only have one symbol.

Worked with my Win7-prof. 32-bit.

• Level 5*

I do see what the original poster reported. Not a problem for me, though, as I have Evernote set to start up on Windows login, so I don't need to pin it.

Archived