ajschmidt

Text Collapse [Outlining]

Idea

+1, in a big way.

One note doesn't do a great job at it - if Evernote does even half as good they will pick up a lot of new users and keep their current happy.

5 minutes ago, CraigD said:

I have begun to research alternatives that would offer this feature

An Evernote Note can contain content of any format.
Check out word processing software like MS Word.

31 minutes ago, CraigD said:

here's what I'm using as a compromise

Nice work-around.  I just use Word or Workflowy (whichever's most appropriate).  Hadn't thought of this.  They're all compromises unless and until Evernote rolls out their own option...

I would vote for this, too. My team and I are heavy users of Workflowy. We have often commented that this would make an amazing addition to Evernote.

So many pulls, but no answered by dev for such long time,

probably this feature never gonna be happened on Evernote.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:32 PM, NamD said:

probably this feature never gonna be happened on Evernote.

Evernote is adding word processing features but I don't think the base format (enml/html) supports "Collapsible / Expandable Outlines within Notes"

Until this is implemented, my recomendation is use a word processing editor/doccument.
There are also work-arounds, such as a link to a separate note.

23 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote is adding word processing features but I don't think the base format (enml/html) supports "Collapsible / Expandable Outlines within Notes"

Actually this is a core, simple, HTML feature:
HTML summary Tag 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Actually this is a core, simple, HTML feature:
HTML summary Tag 

The HTML Summary Tag actually does work on Evernote/Mac945713311_ScreenShot2018-08-06at10_02_19.png.c769550b207381977acf9ead7f518e62.png1414878671_ScreenShot2018-08-06at10_14_33.png.2394dd9a1bc4273a67f019d2fef9c9a8.png
It requires a direct edit of the notes .enml file to insert the code

Unfortunately the note displays corrupted on the IOS and Web platforms.

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

The HTML Summary Tag actually does work on Evernote/Mac945713311_ScreenShot2018-08-06at10_02_19.png.c769550b207381977acf9ead7f518e62.png1414878671_ScreenShot2018-08-06at10_14_33.png.2394dd9a1bc4273a67f019d2fef9c9a8.png
Currently it requires a direct edit of the notes .enml file to insert the code

Unfortunately the note displays corrupted on the IOS and Web platforms.

That might be why I cannot get it to work in Windows either, at least not the example at https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_summary

This is very important to me and unfortunately I'll have to switch to Workflowy (and abandon some important Evernote functionalities) if it doesn't get implemented in one of the next versions.

+1 for folding paragraphs
I'm not using Evernote heavily (hence I've never bought the premium exactly because of the lack of this folding feature)...
I've resorted to using Textmate (or other code editors) that allow me to fold sections of text by simply wrapping them in a "/*    */"

--- Example of unfolded section
/* first line will always be readable
second line will be hidden
*/

--- Example of folded section
/* fist line will always be readable

@DTLow and @jefito
I think that a simple version would be possible to do it even just with CSS styling
I've created a sample without javascript here: http://jsfiddle.net/j5h4o2ad/25/

it would be awesome if Evernote considered extending the ENML with one or 2 more tags
like "en-folded" and "en-unfolded"
or if not possible, change the styling of the "area" tag

and to switch between one or the other, if actions / Javascript can't be inserted in the note content itself for security reasons,
it could be added on the window that holds the note, on the margin of the note, where in coding IDEs you normally see the number of the lines, and the folding triangles.

what do you think?

6 hours ago, beltran said:

I think that a simple version would be possible to do it even just with CSS styling

Even simpler is the HTML Summary Tag.
It works on Evernote/Mac but not on other platforms

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DTLow said:

Even simpler is the HTML Summary Tag.
It works on Evernote/Mac but not on other platforms

how does that work? can we insert the tag where we want in a note or it's only if the web page which we clip has the tag?
thanks

2 hours ago, beltran said:

how does that work? can we insert the tag where we want in a note or it's only if the web page which we clip has the tag?
thanks

There's no UI.  I directly edit the enml/html code with a text editor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

There's no UI.  I directly edit the enml/html code with a text editor

interesting... could you give a bit more details on the process please?
is it mac or windows?

I've open the content.enml file
(had to search by date inside of the hashed folder in
~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/www.evernote.com/6161906/content/2019AF79-87F5-49F4-96E5-F899B06B49B7,
unless you have a better option)

I've added the <summary> tag wrapping a list for example
but the folding functionality doesn't appear to be there

(I'm using EN Version 7.4 (456999 Direct))

thanks

2 hours ago, beltran said:

interesting... could you give a bit more details on the process please?
is it mac or windows?

You've got the idea with editing the content.enml file.  I also access the note in Evernote and make an update so the back-end changes get uploaded to the server
Windows users can get a .enex file to edit by exporting the note

We can make simple changes to the code.  807542311_ScreenShot2018-09-05at08_05_49.png.f7349e3e58916d73e6258beb9bf8cdb7.png
The code I entered was

As I said, this actually works on my Mac, but not on other platforms

>>(had to search by date inside of the hashed folder in ~/Library/Application Support/com.evern... unless you have a better option)

I'm doing this a lot so I wrote a script to launch Finder with the correct folder.  Documented at 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You've got the idea with editing the content.enml file.  I also access the note in Evernote and make an update so the back-end changes get uploaded to the server
Windows users don't have a content.enml file to edit.  They can export/import the note.  This gives them a .enex file to edit.

We can make simple changes to the code.  807542311_ScreenShot2018-09-05at08_05_49.png.f7349e3e58916d73e6258beb9bf8cdb7.png
The code I entered was

As I said, this actually works on the Mac, but not on other platforms

>>(had to search by date inside of the hashed folder in ~/Library/Application Support/com.evern... unless you have a better option)

I'm doing this a lot so I wrote a script to launch Finder with the correct folder.  Documented at 

this is exactly what I did... I added the summary tag to a part of the text but it didn't work.

I checked that it was correctly updating adding other content to the note inserting it in the .enml file
and it was working

how is it's supposed to look when you fold / unfold inside of the evernote note?
do you have to assign a CSS style somewhere?

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 17.40.20.jpg

22 minutes ago, beltran said:

this is exactly what I did... I added the summary tag to a part of the text but it didn't work.

I checked that it was correctly updating adding other content to the note inserting it in the .enml file
and it was working

how is it's supposed to look when you fold / unfold inside of the evernote note?
do you have to assign a CSS style somewhere?

I can't comment on list tags in enml/html, but this code works.  No CSS required

1399107184_ScreenShot2018-09-05at08_52_09.png.d32873a7f448f39736f467a3ebdac67f.png   392120581_ScreenShot2018-09-05at08_53_51.png.e86aaf74a5ac911f3355f7c475149cfa.png     396876995_ScreenShot2018-09-05at08_50_19.png.63badada57863fd2d6e31fa3029e15e0.png

58 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I can't comment on list tags in enml/html, but this code works

1399107184_ScreenShot2018-09-05at08_52_09.png.d32873a7f448f39736f467a3ebdac67f.png   392120581_ScreenShot2018-09-05at08_53_51.png.e86aaf74a5ac911f3355f7c475149cfa.png     396876995_ScreenShot2018-09-05at08_50_19.png.63badada57863fd2d6e31fa3029e15e0.png

????? yay! that works. Thanks a lot @DTLow

the important duo of tags is the <details> (which I was missing) and <summary>  
the <summary> tag will be visible when the section is folded

ah what a dream if the Evernote developers added this to the UI!! !!! :)

now onto your script to quickly open the note with finder ;)

<details>
  <summary> what you want to be visible when you fold </summary>
    any other content that you want
    <p> a paragraph </a>
	<ul>
	   <li><div>or a list</div></li>
	   <li><div>of whatever</div></li>
	   <li><div>you want</div></li>
    </ul>
</details>

Yes sadly, with the history of lack of innovation and the recent corporate leadership issues, I'm preparing for the worst with Evernote and looking into how to export to OneNote -- I mean do you guys realize how little I want to be using a Microsoft product?!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, David N - Research Analyst said:

I'm preparing for the worst with Evernote

I'm preparing for Evernote's continued storage of my notes and syncing to my devices.
I've seen no reason for any concerns, and look for a long future with Evernote.

I have no concerns with  exporting my data; the export feature runs weekly as part of my backups.

On 6/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, Wolfach said:

Is Evernote even working on it?  Is it even on the roadmap? 

For various reasons, Evernote does not publish a roadmap of their development.
This feature could appear in the next release, but Evernote has given no indication they're interested in it.
I'm also looking at the base format for notes (enml/html) and I'm not seeing the feature supported.

hi 

we have many contents in Evernote . so if Evernote can be made with accordions text feature 

may be a title and summary  can shape structure but accordions text feature can show a little bit  content (image, text, video )

Untitled.png

Collapsible outlining has been requested many times.  You might want to find one of those threads and consolidate your vote there.  Here's a link.

17 hours ago, rasool said:

we have many contents in Evernote . so if Evernote can be made with accordions text feature 

may be a title and summary  can shape structure but accordions text feature can show a little bit  content (image, text, video )

"Accordions text" not an Evernote feature. 

My work-around is to move the text to another note, and include a link
I also use file attachments for anything beyond basic notes.

I agree, collapsable sections/bullets would be very useful.

• Like 1

Collapsing PDF and Images would be awesome.  They take too much real-estate 

2 hours ago, dirq said:

Collapsing PDF and Images would be awesome.  They take too much real-estate 

You can view PDFs and images as an attachment (as an icon), by checking the following two options in Tools / Options / Note / Note view options:  "Allow images to be displayed as attachments" for images and "Always show PDF documents as attachments" for PDFs. After checking the second option, the PDFs will be automatically displayed as icons.  In order to collapse an image, right-click on the image and select "View as attachment" from the bottom of the right-click menu. 

• Like 1

I would strongly like to vote for a collapsable list feature similar to OmniOutliner's capabilities.  Multi level collapsable lists. Clone what Omni Outliner does in Evernote!

It's a hugely beneficial way to organize thoughts. Gives a way to break project ideas down. Helps organize and break down complicated ideas.

Humans love it.   It's how we think!

Thanks!
Mark.

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 4.46.35 PM.png

• Like 1

On 5/31/2015 at 3:43 PM, LeoTM said:

+1, I love Evernote, but WorkFlowy has this.

+1 for expand/collapse. What about an integration? Embed a Workflowy list into a note?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Soy said:

What about an integration? Embed a Workflowy list into a note?

Foe embedding, a note can contain files of any format.  
Use any self contained document that supports outlining; Evernote works well with Office/iWork documents

I would like tu suggest a feature to collaps and expand indented text under a TITLE, in order to have information in a single line that could be expanded.
I use evernote as a Daily Diary, but I would like to have informations collapsed for Day (or may be for hour) in order to have a global view of my week at a glance 

I try to explain with an example.

Actually in my note I have

OLD EXPANDED VERSION 
03.04.2019 20.00 Home Cinema with Mary and Joe
                Hanna - Great Prime Series! We spent all night lookin at 6 espisodes on Amazon Prime Video

04.04.2019 Evernote Request
                I wrote a note in the evernote community to ask for a way to collapse text in evernote
                Here is the note:
               Collaps Text of a part of a note in a single line
              I would like tu suggest a feature to collaps and expand text under an indented tab and a title in a singol line
              I use evernote as a Daily Diary, but I would like to have informations collapsed for Day (or may be for hour) in order to understand at a glance what to look at it.

Tomorrow I Would like to have

NEW COLLAPSED VERSION
[+] 03.04.2019 20.00 Home Cinema with Mary and Joe 
[+]  04.04.2019 Evernote Request

With the possibility to click on the [+] sign and see the subnote expanded as in the OLD EXPANDED VERSION 

Could be very usefull to keep track of projects also.
May be there is these feature already?
thanks
Alex

I moved this discussion to the feature request forum.

The Evernote editor does not currently support outline expand/collapse. 

Work-arounds that I use

1. Switch to a word processing format and store in the note as an attachment
  2. Use links to separate notes. 

Thanks.What do you mean to switch to a word processing format? Using an external editor right? and then attach the file?
Or there is a feature to do this inside Evernote?

11 minutes ago, originalex said:

Using an external editor right? and then attach the file?

That is what he means and it is a work around.  I, and others, would like to see this feature added as well.  Here is the general request for it and you can upvote by clicking on the arrow in the upper left

Merging this with original request...

On 6/11/2018 at 7:00 PM, Dgldy said:

+1

The lack of this feature is literally the single driving factor for me to switch to Workflowy

For me it is Outlinely. I would rather stay in Evernote, but at times I need to collapse/expand, for example, speaking notes. There are other ways to achieve this e.g. jump anchors, but this request has 'matured' without response from Evernote for more than five years...

I use Workflowy and Evernote routinely.  Both have their own special strengths and weaknesses.  I also use Lightroom (forinstance) because Evernote just wont let me edit my RAW camera images yet (joke).  Lightroom sucks at note taking.  There's no shame in an app having a special area of expertise,  and lots of reasons why Adobe should try to add Evernote's functions to its app and vice-versa.

5 minutes ago, greiggy said:

For me it is Outlinely. I would rather stay in Evernote, but at times I need to collapse/expand, for example, speaking notes. There are other ways to achieve this e.g. jump anchors, but this request has 'matured' without response from Evernote for more than five years...

When presentation mode was added, I thought for sure collapse/expand would be added.  It made sense to me this would logically follow, at least for presentation mode ... I was wrong. 

9 minutes ago, greiggy said:

I would rather stay in Evernote, but at times I need to collapse/expand

Use a different editor, and save your documents in Evernote as attachments

I would love expandable lines (especially in an outline or bullet setup)

Collapsable list should be a must, absolutely.

Something like workflowy would be great.

I have begun my transition to Notion. I have a lifetime membership to Evernote, because I've been with them from the beginning. I am leaving because of this issue and all the other feature requests that have gone ignored by Evernote. Evernote has shown itself to be a dysfunctional company, but it's the product that I'm now rejecting.

4 hours ago, David N - Research Analyst said:

Evernote has shown itself to be a dysfunctional company

...By not having the same view as one user about this "essential" feature?  I use Workflowy for outlining and save the results into Evernote notes.  Whatever.  If you feel you need to leave and develop a new account elsewhere,  that's entirely your priviledge.  Good luck.

I have to stop returning to this specific 'Text Collapse [Outlining]' string.  I check back in every 6 months or so; and it is one of the most disheartening issues with this software.  Because of how much I rely on evernote... I feel like I'm almost being held hostage (its just not that simple for me to move to a competitor); and to be honest, I'm likely most infuriated by what seems to be an acute disregard for communication/dialogue from Evernote on this topic.  Maybe we'll see this feature addressed by 2025. 

21 minutes ago, Wolfach said:

what seems to be an acute disregard for communication/dialogue from Evernote on this topic

I have to agree that with (currently) 400 votes,  this seems like one of the best -if not the best- supported feature request out there.  But Evernote has almost never gone in for "coming soon" or "in the pipeline" announcements,  while there have from time to time been "never gonna happen" comments on one or two features from staff. 

Silence may be encouraging!

We don't know (and Evernote won't -usually- say) what their priorities are,  so 2025 might be realistic.  Or it might happen 4 or 5 years sooner than that.  Watch this space.

Of course,  if outlining is central to your workflow,  you should find an alternative;  for the moment (as above) your best other option is to use a third party app and paste the results into Evernote.  

56 minutes ago, Wolfach said:

I feel like I'm almost being held hostage (its just not that simple for me to move to a competitor)

I know that we're not "being held hostage".  Evernote makes it extremely easy to export our data; it's a 30 minute process I run as part of my backups.

>>it is one of the most disheartening issues with this software ... I'm likely most infuriated ...

I successfully use the Evernote editor, knowing it's adequate for basic notes

For word processing features, I use dedicated editors.  More productive than being infuriated, disheartened.

Hello All!

I've posted some ideas here before. I'm a self-certified super user and am a HUGE proponent to the text collapse idea. I've long since given up on the idea and have moved to my own personal work-around. However, I stumbled upon what could be a great solution if the dev team would be willing to make a few tweaks. Have a look...

https://youtu.be/YEFytunlJZg 

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 10.39.20 AM.png

17 minutes ago, CraigD said:

However, I stumbled upon what could be a great solution if the dev team would be willing to make a few tweaks. Have a look...

This has been mentioned before and requires directly editing the underlying enml/html code.

I've successfully tested it on my Mac

On 7/2/2019 at 10:50 AM, DTLow said:

This has been mentioned before and requires directly editing the underlying enml/html code.

I've successfully tested it on my Mac

I actually did get it working . As I mention in the video though, once I navigate away from the note, Evernote strips out the <details> tag. https://youtu.be/YEFytunlJZg 

They already have this ability in the left hand pane allowing the collapse of notebooks, shortcuts and tags. Now if they will only add this into the main editor ... he's hoping it will show up in the new editor.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:49 PM, gazumped said:

Whatever

Why so much hostility and defensiveness? Even the behemoths like MS Word and OneNote can collapse text. If MS thought it was a "necessary" feature to include in their package (let alone Workflowy and Notion among the "newcomers" who have actually been around for years at this point ), it's not such a ridiculous thing to expect from Evernote who directly competes with these services. There is no need to admonish a person whose views have obviously been validated by Evernote's competition and are not limited to a single user in any imaginable way.

In my view, the sad part is that even if Evernote does end up introducing this feature, it's still playing catch up (and not just with a very old user request) but also with feature parity with it's competition.  

At some point the users would want to mold the software into something that works for them; and not mold the way they work and think to fit someone else's vision for the software. 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:35 PM, RY27 said:

Why so much hostility and defensiveness?

As an hostilty example, you chose "Whatever"
I think a better eaxample is "Evernote has shown itself to be a dysfunctional company"

This is a feature request discussion.  Users can indicate their support using the vote button in the top left corner.
This is how I indicate my support.  I'm also interested in work-arounds
I'm not into "BOOHOO, Evernote is so bad" posts

9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As an hostilty example, you chose "Whatever"
I think a better eaxample is "Evernote has shown itself to be a dysfunctional company"

This is a feature request discussion.  Users can indicate their suppot using the vote button in the top left corner.
This is how I indicate my support.  I'm also interested in work-arounds
I'm not into "BOOHOO, Evernote is so bad" posts

To clarify, my comment about Evernote being a "dysfunctional company" was not an off-hand remark. It was based on actual tech reporting that you can read. For example:

Evernote lost its CTO, CFO, CPO and HR head in the last month as it eyes another fundraiser

The 3 Stages of Evernote’s Fall

9 hours ago, RY27 said:

Why so much hostility and defensiveness?

You read a lot into a one-word clip from a couple of paragraphs where I thought I was disagreeing politely with another post and pointing out that Evernote doesn't actually provide the features you apparently need,  so the realistic options available are:  adapt -or- migrate.

I also pointed out later:

On 7/2/2019 at 2:39 AM, gazumped said:

We don't know (and Evernote won't -usually- say) what their priorities are,  so 2025 might be realistic.  Or it might happen 4 or 5 years sooner than that.  Watch this space

When a feature is missing for whatever reason,  adding it isn't a trivial exercise no matter how minor a tweak may be involved.  Evernote probably plans its schedule a couple of years ahead,  so a development has to be planned,  fitted into the calendar,  executed,  tested and released - a process in itself which takes months if not years.  So requests take a l-o-o-o-n-g time to be fulfilled unless they are already in the pipeline.

Other start-ups do have shinier features - largely because they're climbing on the shoulders of 200M users helping develop Evernote's current platform,  without having more than a few hundred users themselves.  I've no doubt they're growing rapidly,  and adding even more new features as they go.  Whether they survive more than a year or two remains to be seen.  For all its faults Evernote has been around for 10+ years and seems currently to be in a better position than it has been.  Until I absolutely have no choice but to change,  I'm staying here.

That's not blind fanboi-ism - I'm a Virgo (similar to being from Missouri).  It's just pragmatic.

10 hours ago, RY27 said:

Why so much hostility and defensiveness?

There is a very small group of forum members who seem to feel the need to always defend Evernote, and to jump on members whose posts they don't like.  They often come across as hostile whether or not they intend to.  My advice:  just ignore them.  They are not going to change, and you will just be wasting your time trying to respond to their defensive posts.

10 hours ago, David N - Research Analyst said:

To clarify, my comment about Evernote being a "dysfunctional company" was not an off-hand remark. It was based on actual tech reporting that you can read

If by "dysfunctional" you mean "not operating normally or properly", or, in my words, "not functioning well enough to deliver a high quality product", then prior to the arrival of the new CEO Ian Small in Oct 2018, I would have to agree. 

My assessment is not just based on third party reviews, but my own personal experience using Evernote for a decade, and observing the many failed attempts of Evernote management.  IMO, the most obvious, egregious, example of dysfunction is that for years Evernote continued to make new releases with substantial new bugs, many of them very obvious.

There's good news and bad news. 😉

The good news is that there is a new sheriff in town.  The new CEO Ian Small seems to clearly understand the issues, and really knows how to listen to his customers/users.  He also once (years prior be becoming CEO) felt Evernote had major issues, and, in his words, "fired Evernote" -- he stopped using Evernote.  So It seems to me that he feels our pain, and has set about trying to restructure Evernote.  For evidence of this, see the Behind the Scenes Series  with Ian Small.

The bad news is that Mr. Small has said that it is going to take some time to first complete the restructuring, then to begin adding features many users have been asking for.  He has NOT given a specific time frame, but I get the feeling that it could be 2020 before we see any new features.  That's just my opinion.

But, for the first time in many years, I am very hopeful about the future of Evernote.  I have 20K+ Notes and don't have any plans to switch, even though it has some bugs that really annoy me, and there are a few features that I would really like to have.

Finally, to the point of this thread, outlining/text collapse is a feature I would much like to have, as it would make longer Notes much more readable/usable.

2 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

There is a very small group of forum members who seem to feel the need to ...

There are forum members who seem to feel the need to always put down Evernote with derogatory comments, and to jump on members whose posts they don't like.  They often come across as hostile and close-minded.  I recommend they switch to a  product they're happy with.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:04 PM, DTLow said:

I know that we're not "being held hostage".  Evernote makes it extremely easy to export our data; it's a 30 minute process I run as part of my backups.

>>it is one of the most disheartening issues with this software ... I'm likely most infuriated ...

I successfully use the Evernote editor, knowing it's adequate for basic notes

For word processing features, I use dedicated editors.  More productive than being infuriated, disheartened.

Hence the reason I used the word *feels*

On 7/5/2019 at 10:49 PM, DTLow said:

I'm not into "BOOHOO, Evernote is so bad"

I agree that it's not necessary helpful. But I'm sure it's also cathartic for people to have a forum to complain and vent their frustration with Evernote (often not undeserved). Frankly, if Evernote we're doing such a bang-up job of keeping up with its users' needs and managing expectations, these conversations would not get as heated. I can't think of a forum for another software platform where people get as nasty and brutal to each other. 

On 7/6/2019 at 10:05 AM, DTLow said:

recommend they switch to a  product they're happy with.

Agree, except that if one has already switched to a different product or tried it, I don't see why that person would not share their experience here. Hopefully, that will save a few other people a few hours or a few dollars. 

Collapse-able bullets would be VERY helpful

I use this feature extensively in other platforms.

3 minutes ago, Thomas Oatman said:

I have resolved to using the Encryption feature to hide older entries in the note like so:

I bit of a pain, but clever work around.

8 minutes ago, Thomas Oatman said:

I have resolved to using the Encryption feature to hide older entries in the note like so:

That works, but I do question the need for a note that contains "older entries"

I use separate dated notes

Almost a decade since post #1 and still without this critical feature? Please let us know if you intend to implement collapsing. This feature is huge. 

Add my vote to this feature request
I would really like to see it as well as I think it would be a game changer

+1 its the most needed feature for Evernote!

Upvoted. My to-do list is a mess. I would very much like to collapse tasks so that their sub-tasks/notes are hidden - then I could also re-order them with ease for the day or week, expanding them as necessary.

Other features are great (drag-and-drop re-ordering for a start) but I can't drag-drop points to any location, as if the line directly above where I'm dropping a point is more indented than the one I'm moving, it will inherit the same indent. Best left alone for now.

Admittedly I've not yet dived into the new beta release which includes one mention of "New to-do lists. Recognize at a glance which to-do list items need your attention." though at first glance it seems to be referring to tighter format options and more highlight-options.

If only Evernote would add collapsing/expanding to lists, it would demo much better to clients who want to organise tasks or projects within. I have 3 screens and still find Evernote desperately needs collapsible lists.

• Like 1

400+ votes and still counting...  I just use Workflowy for indented stuff.  Maybe one day...

16 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I just use Workflowy for indented stuff

I use a word processing app (Apple Pages); the document is stored in Evernote as an attachment

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I use a word processing app (Apple Pages); the document is stored in Evernote as an attachment

Yep,  that sometimes too - with Workflowy though you can save a link to the smallest spur of a long and (AFAIK) almost infinitely deep nested structure,  so as long as you have net access your bullets are available.  Works for me...

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

Yep,  that sometimes too - with Workflowy though you can save a link to the smallest spur of a long and (AFAIK) almost infinitely deep nested structure,  so as long as you have net access your bullets are available.  Works for me...

Cool. didn't know about that feature in Workflowy, will be handy, thanks!
I ended up using Workflowy as well for indented todo lists and notes, but it's a shame I can't use Evernote for all of my stuff. So much for the "store everything in evernote" ad...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, renato_ch said:

So much for the "store everything in evernote" ad...

"Store Everything in Evernote" works for me
As to the Evernote Editor/format, I find it limited to basic notes