Suggestion for Evernote product

Gary Keenan

Idea

I'm sure this will probably already have been suggested, but I'll post this anyway.

For a while now I've been using the feature that allows you to send email direct into Evernote. in fact I've built up an entire stack of these emails.

But a thought occurred to me, wouldn't it be great Evernote had a built in email client. This would allow you to send/receive emails directly from within Evernote and would eliminate the need to email specific messages into Evernote. You could simply just hit, add to stack.

Just thought I'd put it out there.

Gary

5 replies to this idea

If you happen to be a gmail user (Which I am not), you could use IFTTT to set up some kind of system like this (though you'd always be using the less-than-feature-rich "send note" feature built into Evernote to send OUT of evernote). 

Other mail providers may have the capacity to set up a rule to forward all messages or all messages meeting a certain criteria to a separate address. You could set this up to forward to Evernote. 

Though I personally like to pre-curate the stuff that goes into Evernote 

• Level 5*

Following on from Scott's comment - I'm using an IFTTT script which is supposed to send Gmail copies of receipts to an Evernote notebook automatically.  Works pretty well,  but I also tend to get Amazon receipts, and delivery updates, and requests for reviews...  some curation is always necessary.  I'm not quite sure whether it would be quicker just to forward the emails manually,  but I might just find out soon!

Ok so I have been giving this some thought. Rather than building a mail client into the existing Evernote client, (which I would personally hate because for me and my needs, it would be purely bloat), build a completely distinct email application. This would give a lot more flexibility to actually build out a useful client, and it wouldn't interfere with the existing Evernote application. 

In the meantime, there are a growing number of mail applications for Mac and iOS (Sorry that's the ecosystem I live in and know, I am sure Android and Windows have similar things) that have ties with Evernote. I think Boxer (iOS only) and perhaps Mail Pilot(??? not sure) (iOS and Mac) come to mind. 

Yeah a standalone app would be good... like evernote food and evernote... eh the other one for remembering people.

full apps in their own right but completely optional. Haha, I'm more of an Android/Linux man myself. I see more and more developers trying to open up the web and create cross-platform solutions... then I see Apple... trying to close it off and play Monopoly with the technology world. Just my warped opinion though lol.

Archived