"You must sign in using the Clip To Evernote toolbar button before you can make clips"

Orbgorgeous

I am using Chrome Version 33.0.1750.152 on Mac OS X 10.9.2 (13C64) with Web Clipper version 6.1.1.  

I don't even see where to sign in to the Web Clip.  I am signed into Evernote Premium under my username Ihsasay.  Why can't I clip web page info to Evernote?  What gives?  Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My web clipper and Clearly buttons have disappeared from the toolbar. I tried removing them from the extensions list and reinstalling, but nothing is happening.

What browser on what operating system are you using?

If you are using Mac OS, in Safari you can right-click the toolbar and select "customize toolbar", and re-add those buttons. If Google Chrome, you might need to go to Chrome>Preferences>Extensions, and use the options for the specific extension to show the button. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why am I not automatically logged into Web Clipper when I'm logged in to Evernote?  It's a major inconvenience to have to manually log myself into Web Clipper all the time!  I use Firefox. 

Thanks!

Why am I not automatically logged into Web Clipper when I'm logged in to Evernote?  It's a major inconvenience to have to manually log myself into Web Clipper all the time!  I use Firefox. 

Thanks!

While you have to log into the Evernote application and the Evernote Clipper separately, under normal conditions there should be no need to log into the clipper every time you launch your browser. Your login should persist. If you clear your cookies, or if you have configured Firefox to automatically clear your cookies when you close it, this will likely prevent your login from persisting between launches. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

While you have to log into the Evernote application and the Evernote Clipper separately, under normal conditions there should be no need to log into the clipper every time you launch your browser. Your login should persist. If you clear your cookies, or if you have configured Firefox to automatically clear your cookies when you close it, this will likely prevent your login from persisting between launches. 

I have the same problem. I use safari and I have to log into evernote web clipper almost every time i want to clip something. Im obviously closing my browser frequently throughout the day but Im not clearing cookies or anything in between browsing sessions. It completely defeats the purpose of the web clipper if you have to spend the time to log in every time. My pocket clipper doesn't require this. Anyone know the solution?

• 6 months later...
On 6/1/2015 at 4:38 PM, ScottLougheed said:

While you have to log into the Evernote application and the Evernote Clipper separately . . .  

What is the reasoning behind having to log into Evernote and the Clipper separately?

The Clipper is just one Evernote tool/feature among many others, isn't it?

• 4 months later...

I am having the same problems as @rahul sud.  I have disabled autifull in Chrome and the problem still persists.  Everytime I try to log in, the box disappears after I put in my email address. 

Can you please provide a solution?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Firefox recently upgraded to v 50.0.  When rebooted, it no longer displayed the "sign into webclipper" button & I couldn't clip a webpage without signing in.  After reading this discussion & experimenting, I found that if I dragged the side of the firefox window to maximize width, the "sign into webclipper" button then appeared (to the right of the box where one enters a url.)  To move this button to a more convenient location, I clicked on the 'customize tool bar" option (one gets to that by left clicking the button with the 3 horizontal bars & selecting "customize" at the bottom of the drop down window that opens after the click), & dragged the "sign into webclipper" button well to the left of the 'enter url' box.  I closed the 'customize' window by clicking the "exit customize" button at the lower right.  This saved the "Clip to Evernote" button in a spot on the toolbar that didn't disappear.

• 1 month later...

After the new year, my Web Clipper is no longer working. When I click on the Elephant icon in Safari I get a message that says 'You must sign in using the Clip To Evernote toolbar button before you can make clips' and it briefly redirects to a new Evernote tab, but nothing loads and it just becomes a new blank Safari tab. I'm signed in to both the web portal and through my desktop app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, and the desktop app says I have the most recent version: 'Evernote (6.10) is currently the newest version available.'

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2017 at 8:13 PM, sbh said:

After the new year, my Web Clipper is no longer working. When I click on the Elephant icon in Safari I get a message that says 'You must sign in using the Clip To Evernote toolbar button before you can make clips' and it briefly redirects to a new Evernote tab, but nothing loads and it just becomes a new blank Safari tab. I'm signed in to both the web portal and through my desktop app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, and the desktop app says I have the most recent version: 'Evernote (6.10) is currently the newest version available.'

I have exactly the same problem here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 6:13 PM, sbh said:

I too have the exact same problems + no web clipper login box

All is updates: Evernote 6.10 and Safari 10.0.2 I am on Yosemite 10.10.5

Any solutions please post thanks

Tine

Using Safari on a Macbook Pro and having the same problem—new since, as another post noted, the new year. I've also noticed the requirement for login is associated now with Google. Why Google? And why the new requirement when it worked fine before....

• 5 months later...

Hi. Im using the Evernote Webclipper Safari Extension for MacOS Sierra. When I click the button on my browser nothing happens and there is no dialog box appears where there are options on how to save a clipping.

• 3 months later...

Archived