Scansnap Opening Evernote App When App Is Already Open

Below is what I sent to EN support over a week ago and still no response other than 'they are working on it.' Has anyone else had this problem?

Sometimes when scanning using either my Scansnap S1100 or ix500 another Evernote opens up and I have two Evernote icons in the tray plus a third one with a PDF flag

Eventually I get an error message - Migrating from a previous version then get - Processing notes for searching. Then wait 15 minutes will every note is processed. 

If I then can continue the app will open or can wait until the process is completed and wait for the app to open. The processing can take up to 15 to 30 minutes. If the I press continue I still have to wait because the Evernote doesn’t have access to everything so doing a search becomes meaningless though I can add additional notes.

I never had the problem until about one or two months ago when Evernote was updated. Sometime I get a total crash and then have to remove the data from the Library and open the app again and wait for it to sync which even takes longer than waiting for it to process. 
Below is all of the information you need.

I am a Premium member
Evernote downloaded from the Evernote website
Evernote Version 5.5
Scansnap S1100 and ix500 - these were purchased last year before you came out with the ix500 Evernote version

I am a heavy user of Evernote on the Mac, iPad and iPhone and do not have the time to mess with this problems. Thankfully while the Mac is trying to correct itself I have the iPad or iPhone to work with. 

Why am I getting two icons for the same app?
Why am I getting the message of "migrating from a previous verion?”
How do I correct this so I do not continue to have the above problems? 

• Level 5*

Hi

If you can post your ticket number here we can ask an Evernote admin person to have a look at what's going on behind the scenes and perhaps give you some more advice.  For the meantime though the fact that you have submitted a ticket and the team seem to be 'working on it' suggests that what you're experiencing is a bug of some sort,  of which they are aware and are looking for a fix.  If that's the case then no comment from this user forum is going to be of help. My first thought actually was to suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Evernote app on your machine - if you feel that too many updates are the problem,  a clean reinstall of the latest version might be the cure. If the techy guys haven't suggested it though,  it sounds like they think something else is the issue.

Archived