Newbie filed these product feature requests

norm3

Idea

I am a relative new user of Evernote.... Slightly more than a year.

During that time as I have tried to learn Evernote, I have submitted a number of user requests for new or changed features.

Recently one of the Evernote Support staff suggested I post those requests here since Evernote staff monitors these forums. I think I have that correctly stated. I'm not sure if posting here is better, in addition to, or just another way.

The following are some of my requests. Perhaps other users know work arounds or perhaps the features I'm requesting are available and this rookie missed them. At any rate, here are a few:

1. Ability to export Notes in RTF or MS Word format

2. Share via email. Change to an editable format the Notes when using Share via email. Currently it is difficult to impossible to share and for the recipient to edit and return.

3. Provide ability to modify the Evernote "styles" in the list styles and thus create one's own styles.

I think I'll stop there for today and pick up after getting some reactions.

Thank you.

7 replies to this idea

Your last point regarding "style" is one that I've really been wanting for a while and something that inhibits my note taking constantly. I want to keeps things consistent and organized, but this is difficult when I have to remember and manually implement formatting styles.  I would love to hear any feedback from Evernote regarding this. 

I would love to hear any feedback from Evernote regarding this.

As has been stated many times on the board:

- Evernote staff read all posts on the board

- They do not reply to all of them

- This is a users board. If you want to dialog direct with EN, you should submit a support ticket

- EN does not publish their roadmap or ETAs

Since this is a users board, if no answers have been posted, then it's probably b/c no users who have read the thread know the answer.

I've been familiarizing myself with the forum and the relationship the Evernote staff has with it. I am aware of what you are saying and that it has been mentioned before. 

It is a polite way of encouraging a staff member to interact in the thread if he/she were to read this post. I came here to communicate with other users and potentially staff as you mention is possible. 

Perhaps I'm misreading something but it seems like your response is as productive/stimulating as someone interrupting a community discussion with "RTFM"

I've been familiarizing myself with the forum and the relationship the Evernote staff has with it. I am aware of what you are saying and that it has been mentioned before. 

It is a polite way of encouraging a staff member to interact in the thread if he/she were to read this post. I came here to communicate with other users and potentially staff as you mention is possible. 

Perhaps I'm misreading something but it seems like your response is as productive/stimulating as someone interrupting a community discussion with "RTFM"

Although you say you've seen this info before, you say "It is a polite way of encouraging a staff member to interact in the thread if he/she were to read this post. " My reply specifically addresses this. So I don't know what you seem to think is so offensive about it.

And I don't know what you find offensive/unproductive about advice to "RTFM" either.

Thanks Scott. Much appreciated!

Burgers, I apologize for my tone. I think the fault lies with my expectations for discussion. I just felt that if the assumptions you explicitly mention are those by which this forum operates, I struggle to find the value in adding it to a particular thread. And the "rtfm" feels dismissive of a conversation when considering we've already read "tfm". I'll be keeping my opinions regarding other posts to myself. Apologies again.

Thanks Scott. Much appreciated!

Burgers, I apologize for my tone. I think the fault lies with my expectations for discussion. I just felt that if the assumptions you explicitly mention are those by which this forum operates, I struggle to find the value in adding it to a particular thread. And the "rtfm" feels dismissive of a conversation when considering we've already read "tfm". I'll be keeping my opinions regarding other posts to myself. Apologies again.

Not a problem.  From your post #2, there was no indication that you were aware of EN's methodology, which is why I posted it.  I'm not saying you shouldn't post your opinions of other ideas (so long as they do not violate the forum code of conduct, which I doubt you would do).  But keep in mind, that if an opinion is posted, it's fair & reasonable that someone may come along & post an opposing opinion. 

Archived