Feature Request - folder to tag based filing convertion

I started out life making folders for everything in my life like my physical file cabinet and folders.  I would like to go to a tag system but have too much time invested in folders.  

I would like a a program that would take the folder names for each note and add the folder name as a tag to each note in that notebook and than delete all the notebooks so I had a pure tag system.

I think if I had a program do that heavy lifting, I could make the break.

• Level 5*

I don't know of any such program. If you're on a Mac, perhaps you could do it in AppleScript

Not sure what client you're using, but this isn't that hard to do manually, unless you have scads of notebooks. All of the desktop clients, and the web client, will let you multi-select all notes in a search, and change notebooks or add tags. So select a notebook, select all of its members, and add the notebook name as a tag.

I don't know of any such program. If you're on a Mac, perhaps you could do it in AppleScript

Not sure what client you're using, but this isn't that hard to do manually, unless you have scads of notebooks. All of the desktop clients, and the web client, will let you multi-select all notes in a search, and change notebooks or add tags. So select a notebook, select all of its members, and add the notebook name as a tag.

Yep hundreds of folders that replicated my physical file cabinet and folders before I discovered tags

• Level 5*

Well, that's a pain; sorry to hear it. I've been wanting rules-based actions in Evernote since, well, forever. This would be a great case for that.

Archived