Website can't load with Chrome Clipper

QB3L

From time to time I need to visit the Amazon S3 management console website directly and if I have the Chrome Web Clipper extension, the website doesn't load. Tons of errors show up on the console as well. As soon as I disable the extension and reload the page it loads correctly.

Unfortunately in order to try this you need an amazon aws account and then visit the following link on Chrome with the Web Clipper installed

https://console.aws.amazon.com/s3/

You will notice that the top bar loads but the actual interface doesn't.

I realize this is a very specific bug and one that most customers won't encounter but just wanted to let you guys know.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I apologized for not replying before. But on the latest version I have (BuildID: 089e321/1.0.2.250) it doesn't appear to be happening IF I do a reload of the page.

But still visiting the page with the clipper disabled from chrome works right off the bat.

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized I am having a similar issue where Chrome essentially stops working if I have Evernote Web Clipper enabled. I tried deleting it and re-adding the extension, but the problem persists. Chrome just sort of hangs, trying to load a page while the spinning circle just keeps spinning on the tab itself. For google searches, the page just never loads and eventually asks if I want to kill it. For a web address, for example www.ign.com, it'll load half the page and then hang until chrome asks me if i want to kill. I've gone through extension by extension and determined it is indeed only the Evernote clipper that does it. 
i am using windows 7 64-bit.  I have no issue with Chrome on my mac at work.  Please help! My favorite browser and extension are no longer playing nicely together :-/

Archived