Set note title to selected text

Nestorito

Idea

Hi, I'm new in here

I'd like to have the ability to name untitled notes to my note first line or to selected text in note but it doesn't seem to be a contextual menu possibility. I've tried with applescript (I've very very basic skills) and it works for setting the title to first line but don't know hot to set it to the selected text in the note, does anybody can help me? Thanks :)

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi, I'm new in here

I'd like to have the ability to name untitled notes to my note first line or to selected text in note but it doesn't seem to be a contextual menu possibility. I've tried with applescript (I've very very basic skills) and it works for setting the title to first line but don't know hot to set it to the selected text in the note, does anybody can help me? Thanks :)

Hi. If  you use the quick note feature, the first line of your note ought to become the title.

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/03/12/evernote-for-mac-update-save-time-with-quick-note/

Hi, I'm new in here

Hi. If  you use the quick note feature, the first line of your note ought to become the title.

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2013/03/12/evernote-for-mac-update-save-time-with-quick-note/

Thanks Grumpy, I see your point... anyway I think it could be useful to have a contextual menu or a script to do this: the first words of a text doesn't necessarily are the most useful items for a title :-)

Finally I managed to write a script and rename both the note & the attachment. I'm not a scripter so use it at your own risk and if you can do better...just let me know  ;)

The code for file extension retrieval was provided by Veritrope (http://veritrope.com/code/handler-get-the-information-from-an-item-in-evernote/)

If it someone is interested here's the code:

activate application "Evernote"tell application "System Events"	keystroke "c" using command down		tell application "Evernote"		set myNote to selection		if (attachment of item 1 of myNote) exists then			set title of item 1 of myNote to (the clipboard as text)			set nameFile to (filename of attachment of item 1 of myNote)			set saveTID to AppleScript's text item delimiters			set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {"."}			set extFile to (second text item of item 1 of nameFile)			set AppleScript's text item delimiters to saveTID			set filename of attachment of item 1 of myNote to (the clipboard as text) & "." & extFile                       		else			set title of item 1 of myNote to (the clipboard as text)		end if	end tellend tell

Archived