Feature request: Sync "recent notes"

• Level 5*

Not really sure what you're asking for: as far as I know, Evernote only syncs notes that need syncing, i.e., ones that you've edited. Syncing stuff that hasn't changed isn't very useful.

Syncing the content of "recent notes" would be a good thing, I think, in order to really get that fealing of simply continuing your work exactly where you left it on another unit.

It's helpful to specify which client(s) you're using. When using iOS client, the app syncs a note immediately after I'm done editing it. Windows & Mac desktop clients sync at one of a few intervals that the user can select in options. Or, you can manually do a sync by clicking the sync button. Not sure what else you're looking for.

I'm talking talking about the sidebar shortcut «recent notes». I edit notes on one unit, and then I continue on another. At that point, I'd like to have the notes I edited lastly in the sidebar shortcut, no matter if the editing took place on another unit or not.

(English is not my language, so do not hesitate if I don't manage to make myself clear!)

I'm talking talking about the sidebar shortcut «recent notes». I edit notes on one unit, and then I continue on another. At that point, I'd like to have the notes I edited lastly in the sidebar shortcut, no matter if the editing took place on another unit or not.

(English is not my language, so do not hesitate if I don't manage to make myself clear!)

Again, it's helpful to specify which client(s) you're using. Most clients allow you to sort by date modified, which would put the most recently edited notes at the top, when in descending order.

I mostly use MacBook Pro, Mavericks, and a Windows 7 laptop. I thought ALL clients had the sort feature you mention?

I'm simply talking about a handy little shortcut, a little list on the left of the EN window, only available on my Mac, I think (View⟶Sidebar options⟶Recent notes). It lists the five last modified notes, and I use it, and I like it. But, as mentioned, it only lists the five notes modified most lastly on my mac; notes edited on other clients are not there.

Not a big deal, probably, but I like the feature because it lets me order my notes in other ways and still have access to my most recent things.

• Level 5*

I mostly use MacBook Pro, Mavericks, and a Windows 7 laptop. I thought ALL clients had the sort feature you mention?

I'm simply talking about a handy little shortcut, a little list on the left of the EN window, only available on my Mac, I think (View⟶Sidebar options⟶Recent notes). It lists the five last modified notes, and I use it, and I like it. But, as mentioned, it only lists the five notes modified most lastly on my mac; notes edited on other clients are not there.

Not a big deal, probably, but I like the feature because it lets me order my notes in other ways and still have access to my most recent things.

Yeah, must be a Mac thing; I don't see it on the Windows or Android clients. I always sort by most recently updated, so not a big deal for me. You could try isolating down by using a search like "updated:day" or something like that.

Archived