Cursor Behaving Badly

Kimron

Idea

I am using Mavericks OS with Evernote on my Macbook Pro and have the following problem. Too often the cursor will stay as an i-beam even when I move it from a text location (where it should be this shape) out of the Evernote window up the the menus at the top of the screen, where it should change to a pointer. It will stay as an i-beam until I select one of the menus at which point it changes to the (appropriate) pointer.

The only other application where I see this problem happening is Apple Mail. The cursor behaves properly in all other programmes that I use.

This is not a knock-out blow to using Evernote but is an annoyance. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has a similar issue and of course if they know a solution.

Thanks, Kim

4 replies to this idea

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I'm using Mavericks 10.9.2 and Evernote 5.5. This problem doesn't happen all the time but frequently enough to be annoying. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Kim

This happens to me consistently. Glad to see someone else has reported it.

To reproduce it, simply click in the text area of a note, as if you were going to type text. Then move the cursor out of Evernote -- anywhere you go, until you click again, the cursor is still the "i-beam" text insertion cursor until you click somewhere else.

I had hoped that Evernote 6 would fix this, but I just upgraded and the problem is still there. OS X 10.9.5.

It's really annoying when running multiple screens, as it's quite easy to lose the cursor entirely.

I am using Yosemite now and the problem seems to be better. It still happens now and again if you move the cursor quickly but it seem to be just sluggish, as if the OS is catching up on something else before it enables the cursor change.

Archived