(Archived) Pinning Note short cut to Windows 8 Start

JDJR

I've been able to create a Windows 8 desktop short cut for a note within Evernote. I've pinned the Evernote icon to the Windows 8 Start screen and can open Evernote from there. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do the same for an individual note. When I right click on the short cut it doesn't give me the option I need.

Does anyone have a solution that works?

Jay

The windows 8 start menu is a strange beast. Adding random items to it is as far as I know, not as straightforward as pinning...

You need to add a folder (which shows as a category in the app search) and then shortcuts to that folder for them to show in the app list. 

From there you can then pin them.

Create a folder here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

and place your shortcuts (or a copy) of them there. Once there, they should show up in the app list.

See:

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s26/sh/1631dba4-293d-4b65-bb6a-8c9676dc89db/da9dca71fa73af7a03ac76da35014722

This goes much the same for any other apps you want to add that can't be added for some reason. Just add folders and shortcuts for whatever you want :)

Scott

EDIT: Also, I guess I need to add, to make it work the easiest, when you select copy note link, hold CTRL as it will force the evernote:/// link type rather than the web one, lessening the steps to open your note.

Scott, many thanks! I'm all set and the shortcut now appears on my start screen. Now, if the Windows Touch version can catch up to the Desktop version I'll be even happier.

Have a great one!!

Archived