How to send a hole Notebook content by email

Hello,

I know that one is supposed to be able to send the content of a note by email, such that the recipient can read the note without an evernote account.

Is this also possible for a whole notebook? And if so, - how?

I only have evernote on my android mobile, since my pc is running on ubuntu for which there is no evernote version. So I hope for an answer considering this constrain.

Oh, btw how can I delete a whole notebook?

• Level 5

Notebooks cannot be emailed.

You should be able to delete a notebook with a normal browser and the Evernote web. I think the ubuntu issue only applies to pc installed versions of Evernote.

edit - just tried it - I added a test notebook with some test notes. They were all deleted using Firefox to access the Evernote web with a right mouse click.

• Level 5*

..but you could 'share' the Notebook - find your Notebook menu in Android and tap the drop-down arrow to the right of the name.  One of the options is "sharing options" add the email address of the person(s) with whom you wish to share,  and send 'em an email to say the information is available.  They should be able to view the contents online.  (You might want to share a notebook with a friendly colleague or back to yourself first so you can explain the whole process confidently...)

Thanks for the answers...

but what if my friends don't have evernote and don't want to use it.

Can I export the notebook to html or something else, such that I can send the content?

• Level 5*

You can export it to HTML, from the Windows client (Mac, too?)... You could also, on a desktop client, print a selection of notes to PDF (on Windows you'd use a 3rd-party print-to-PDF driver)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Thanks for the answers...

but what if my friends don't have evernote and don't want to use it.

Can I export the notebook to html or something else, such that I can send the content?

As said, yes, but also you can also share a notebook publicly, such that it's readable in just a web browser.

They only need an account if they want to click the link to join the note

http://blog.evernote.com/blog/2012/12/14/quick-tip-friday-how-to-join-a-public-notebook/

joinnotebook.jpg

As an example here's a public notebook of Evernote help from one of the Evangelists.

https://www.evernote.com/pub/spgscott/evernote-help

Archived