Not possible to scroll down while selecting text in Safari after installing Web Clipper

zansklimovics

Browser: Safari 7.0.2

Evernote Web Clipper 6.1

Never used Evernote Web Clipper previously, yesterday I decided to give it a try:

1. Installed Evernote Web Clipper 6.1
  2. Immediately discovered a problem that when selecting a piece of text (or any other objects) on any web page, it goes till the bottom of Safari window and stops there, although text (or any other object) continues further and I am pushing the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen, Safari would not scroll down automatically.
    - No problems with scrolling up though
    - The problem with scrolling down occurs only when Safari is used as a full screen app

Tried the following steps in order to fix the problem:

1. Quit and restarted Safari. No success.
  2. Navigated to Safari -> Preferences -> Extensions and unchecked the 'Enable Evernote Web Clipper' checkbox. No success.
  3. Under the same tab pressed 'Uninstall' button in order to uninstall the extension. No success. Restarted Safari again. Still no success.
  4. Restarted Mac. No success.
  5. Cleared Safari caches. No success.
  6. Under my ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/ directory removed Cache.db file. No success.

Has anyone experienced similar issues? Any advice on how to solve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

Hi, thx for the report. Based on your steps I cannot reproduce this on my machine (same config as yours), a few follow ups I have:

1) Do you select text before clicking the Web Clipper button? Or after?

2) When does the page automatically scroll to the bottom. When you start the clipper or when you select any content before starting the Clipper? 

3) Can you post a URL where this happens for you. I know you say it happens on all but just to be sure we follow up it.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your quick response!

• At first I noticed the problem after I pressed the Web Clipper button for the first time. I then saved the clip to Evernote and tried to do the same before pressing this button (or not pressing it at all) - the result was the same. Even after I uninstalled the Web Clipper and cleared all the caches, the problem still persists.
  • My point was that page does NOT scroll down automatically as expected, when I touch the bottom end of the screen with the mouse pointer in a full screen mode:
    IkMSN72.jpg

• This same post can be used as example (http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/55137-not-possible-to-scroll-down-while-selecting-text-in-safari-after-installing-web-clipper/)

It might sound like this could be a problem with Safari or anything else, however the problem appeared right after I installed the Web Clipper extension. I've not used any other extensions before, so Web Clipper is the only one I have.

If you need any other information please let me know.

Archived