Evernote Mail Subject Tags and Notebooks Request

Popp Sound

Idea

I want to setup Evernote to automatically forward notes that I declare to be receipts (for example, amazon.com purchases) to go to my @receipts notebook and haves #2104 and #receipts tags on them.

In Mac Mail Rules, there is no way to edit the Message line of an incoming email before forwarding it out. However, there is an option to add text to the body of the forwarded message. 

Can EVERNOTE please allow the Subject Notebook and Tags option for automatically organizing notes work through the body of the message too????

My company purchases a ton of stuff, and it would be easier to have this just do it rather than me doing it manually by forwarding.

I do not want to have things forward to the inbox and then have me have to take more time to organize afterwards in Evernote.

post-170360-0-22387500-1394672972_thumb.

3 replies to this idea

Hi gazumped - the problem is that all these IFTTT recipes only work with GMAIL. I do not use gmail, but my own IMAP domain email address. I also want the ability to make other rules for other manufacturers that can do the same thing. 

I don't want to go through the loop hole of creating a gmail account so I can automatically forward emails to gmail just to have this recipe work. It should be easier than this! You know?

• Level 5*

It's a nice idea,  but if there's no apps to make it work...  I notice IFTTT don't have any inbound email recipes (that I can see) which suggests that the difficulty of getting around the user name/ password access to a mailbox and doing something with the content is only really feasible in Gmail.  Sorry not to have more.

Archived