[Feature Request] Resize Images option within Evernote

Tetiana

This is a built-in editor which looks like Skitch, but I guess it isn't, because it doesn't have a resize function. The other multiple-function buttons in the editor have a small grey triangle at the bottom (clocking on it allows you to choose the necessary option), but this button doesn't (although the hover text says "Crop or resize your image"). Am I looking in the wrong direction or is it really missing?

dMNoybyl.png?3   AOxaJokl.png?1

Evernote 5.2.0.2775

PS: I am not interested in advice to "open with..." Skitch or any other editor, I know I can. 

• 2 weeks later...

Please implement an option to RESIZE images when right-clicking on an image in Evernote. Once clicked, show handles at the image's corners, allowing the user to click, drag, and resize. Save the resized image back to the note.

You really need to fix this. I'm an Evernote premium user, and yet many times when I start a new project I find myself switching over to Microsoft OneNote because I know what a headache inserting and resizing images will be. Then I think, "Why am I paying for Evernote, again?"

In OneNote, resizing images is a matter of two clicks: One click on the image to select it, and a click-and-drag to resize it. Done.

In general, many formatting user stories are painful in Evernote, and a breeze in OneNote. Another example is applying headings to text. In OneNote it's a matter of pressing Ctrl-Alt-1, Ctrl-Alt-2, etc. With Evernote, I have to pick the font (from a very long and often slow pulldown list) and then pick the point size, every time, and try to remember what settings I've been using to indicate which heading level. If I don't remember, I have to scroll to another part of the document, click in a heading, see what the font and type size are, and then go back to format the heading I was working on. Yes, I could copy-and-paste an existing heading, but I often have typed the heading text already. Also, it still necessitates needless scrolling.

Listen: please spend less time trying to sell me business socks (???) in the Evernote Market, and more time making your core product better. I think you've lost focus. If you don't get it back, Microsoft is going to eat your lunch:

OneNote for Mac coming this month as Microsoft eyes Evernote

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/12/5499904/onenote-for-mac-web-clipper-features

-David

• 4 months later...
I do not know why but there are ever more incentives to the mac version. 

Because I do not love the mac and I don't want to buy one probably give up to evernote. 

I understand that any company do business strategy that wants but I payed the premium version from years and I'm tired. 

greetings evernote

• Level 5*

I do not know why but there are ever more incentives to the mac version. 
Because I do not love the mac and I don't want to buy one probably give up to evernote. 
I understand that any company do business strategy that wants but I payed the premium version from years and I'm tired. 
greetings evernote

Hi - I'm sorry if you feel pressured,  but there's no secret plan that I'm aware of.  I'm a happy Windows and Android user - and if anyone's keeping score,  we seem to have the best of most of Evernote's goodies at the moment.  The Mac crowd get the odd perk,  but our developers seem the best of the bunch at the moment!  (Shameless ego-boost for unnamed developers there,  in hopes of more features soon.... ;))

• 1 year later...

"Evernote for Windows 5.9.5.9380 GA Release Notes

We've put a lot of effort into improving our note editing experience in this release. Hope you enjoy!

New:

• Images can be resized directly inside of your notes. Click an image and drag the handle in the bottom right corner to resize. ..."

Woo hoo! Thanks.

Archived