Evernote 5.2 and IE 11 not working

rysanwelsh

Hi-I 'used' to have an elephant icon in IE 11 and when I upgraded to Evernote 5.2.0.2946 (270946) Public the icon went missing. Although Evernote in IE11 in prior versions did not usually properly clip items, often making them garbled or making the tags impossible to select, at least I could grab a URL if I needed it. Now the icon is missing and the use of a RIght Click to try to grab a page results in the entire page being selected, even though I have selected only a portion of the page. And there is no way to tag the item before clipping it using the Right Click method. So my questions are:

1. How to get the elephant icon back on the top of the IE11 browser?

2. How to get the web clipper to work exactly like it does in Google Chrome-select the part I want clipped, tag it, and clip it?

3. How to set up tags when I have to use the Right Click method?

At this point, the Evernote functionality is terrible in IE and I have to keep switching back to Chrome to get anything saved to Evernote. I prefer Chrome, truthfully, but I am trying to use IE because some things are just better supported there. And I think the product SHOULD work in all high-use browsers...

I am using Win8.1 and IE11 desktop browser (NOT MODERN) in addition to Evernote 5.2.0.2946 (270946) Public.

Thanks!
Sandy

• Level 5*

Hi.

With (limited) apologies to Microsoft,  IE has been such a mess for so long that it's never my first choice of browser.  If things don't work in Chrome or Firefox I might check it out - and I have found a couple of web sites whose content only loads properly in IE.  I complained to them about limiting my choice of browser.  If IE ever gives me more features than the others I might drift back.  Maybe.

Meantime

1. Uninstall and re-install the add-in?
  2. Chrome has a set of unique features in Clipper - no other browser AFAIK can match them.
  3. You can't

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Since I upgraded to 5.2.1, the IE (11) web clipper does not work (Windows 8.1). When clicking on the Evernote extension from the drop down IE tools menu , I get the message: TypeError: Unable to get property 'type' of undefined or null reference.

I uninstalled, reinstalled and it made no difference.

This is such an essential tool, any help? I am stuck with IE since the RoboForm extension on Chrome is so bad.

Thank You,

Laura

• Level 5*

Since I upgraded to 5.2.1, the IE (11) web clipper does not work (Windows 8.1). When clicking on the Evernote extension from the drop down IE tools menu , I get the message: TypeError: Unable to get property 'type' of undefined or null reference.

I uninstalled, reinstalled and it made no difference.

This is such an essential tool, any help? I am stuck with IE since the RoboForm extension on Chrome is so bad.

Thank You,

Laura

I suggest you raise a support ticket (see below) and retry uninstalling/ reinstalling - sometimes the 2nd (or nth) time is the charm..

Archived