theinspired615

android FEATURE REQUEST: Handwriting on Kindle Fire?

Idea

I love the new handwriting feature on android, but it doesn't seem to be available for the Kindle Fire yet. Is there a beta I can side load or will it be released to the Amazon app store soon? I really would like to have this feature for class.

Thanks!

8 replies to this idea

Handwriting feature was added in the Kindle Fire version but it is crashing the app when I try to use the handwriting feature.

I am trying to use handwriting on my Kindle Fire, but I don't even see the option. I put in a user ticket and will report back. If you have further information, let me know.

I have the handwriting feature on my Kindle Fire now! Yay! The handwriting button is a little hidden at first. Once you're in edit mode, you need to tap on the plus icon next to the camera. Then, in the drop down menu, tap on "see all..." and you should be able to find the handwriting feature. Once you select it, the handwriting icon will replace the camera icon for easy access. I love this feature!

• Like 1

theinspired615. Thank you, but it is weird because in edit mode, when I select the + icon at the top. I get the following menu:

Attach

Picture

File

Video

Audio

Create

Camera

Audio Recording

Skitch

I won't let me open Skitch either. I'm wondering if I need to reinstall it.

Amy

theinspired615. Thank you, but it is weird because in edit mode, when I select the + icon at the top. I get the following menu:

Attach

Picture

File

Video

Audio

Create

Camera

Audio Recording

Skitch

I won't let me open Skitch either. I'm wondering if I need to reinstall it.

Amy

Amy,

Try reinstalling it. If that doesn't work, you can easily sideload the apk. I can't remember now if my version of the app is from the Amazon app store or if I sideloaded it.

theinspired615, Thanks for the help. I did reinstall to no avail. I'm currently trying to sideload it per instructions I found on the Web. It is proving a feat!

Sideloaded the app, but I still cannot access a handwriting option. Is this because I 1) have to sideload Skitch or 2) because I have the first Kindle fire?