uploading JPEGs

DennyL

Idea

I have started to go paperless. I still haven't decided whether to prefer PDF or JPGs. My problem is that I have uploaded some JPEGs and some of them appear as images in the notes, and others appear as attachments, where one must click on the Eye icon to 'Quick look' them. I would like them all to appear as images, without having to Quick Look. Can anyone suggest how to do this?

Thank you for any suggestions.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I have started to go paperless. I still haven't decided whether to prefer PDF or JPGs.

My suggestion is to scan all documents to PDFs.  You have more options on handling PDFs than JPGs.

JPGs should always appear inline, where as you can set PDFs to show inline or as an attachment. You also can easily annotate PDFs using a PDF tool, yet still retain the ability to print with or without the annotations.  IMO, if you have more than 1-2 pages, PDF is your only realistic choice.

For document capture, I use jpg for single pages, pdf for 2+, mainly because I use the EN Document Camera on my Android phone/tablet for single pages and an office photocopier/scanner for multi-page docs.  jpgs have the benefit of always being viewable inline regardless of the client, whereas pdfs are click-to-view on Android and the web.

Archived