Moving a notebook from one stack to another in Mac

I have Evernote Premium.  I recently witched from Windows 8.1 to a MacBook Pro Retiua running Mavericks.  However, I also have installed Parallels.  I have a notebook stack labelled Governmtn and one labelled !Government.  Obviously, the latter comes up higher in the list of notebooks and stacks.  I am a Set Representative and would like to switch individual notebooks out of one stack to another.  This used to be easy with Windows, but I can't find a way to do it with OS X.  Now I could install the windows version of Evernote in Parallels and do it that way, but I wanted to see if there were any Mac aficionados present who knew how to do this with the Mac version.  I opened a ticket with Evernote, but it is a Saturday and I'd like to get this done this weekend.  Thanks

When you are viewing the list of your notebooks, you should just be able to drag any notebook from one stack directly to another. Just tried it with several notebooks between several stacks and had no problem.

Select notebook in Stack A, drag to Stack B. 

• 1 year later...

Should anybody else not understand Scott's comment of "When you are viewing the list of your notebooks," he means to click on Notebooks (see blue highlight in image below) in the sidebar and then drag and drop the notebooks listed in the main area of the Evernote to the right of the sidebar. Because drag and drop does not work when trying to move notebooks from within the sidebar as it does in EN Windows.

Evernote-Notebook-List-for-Mac.gif

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2016 at 10:28 AM, jklmnopedia said:

Should anybody else not understand Scott's comment of "When you are viewing the list of your notebooks," he means to click on Notebooks (see blue highlight in image below) in the sidebar and then drag and drop the notebooks listed in the main area of the Evernote to the right of the sidebar. Because drag and drop does not work when trying to move notebooks from within the sidebar as it does in EN Windows.

Evernote-Notebook-List-for-Mac.gif

Thanks for this.  You just answered my question.  I was trying to figure out why it was not working, but had never even seen this screen or knew it existed.  Thanks again! 

Archived