reading notes in fast reading app like velocireaderapp

Hey Guys,

There are new and efficient ways of reading stuff then having long notes to go trough. Fast reading apps like http://velocireaderapp.com/ deliver content in a new way. It would be a huge benefit for Evernote users to have the possebility on mobile devices to send the text of a note to another app to read it there.

Today in Evernote it's only possible to send an SMS, twitter, facebook, email.

With the posebility to send the text to an fast reading app the backlog of stuff to read - which store all Evernote users in Evernote - would shrink.

In my opinion a must have feature (at least for pro users and GTD heros).

Greetings JJ

What format does Velocireader accept? How well does it handle graphic elements?

I think an "open in" feature for iOS would be great (which is essentially what you are asking for). This would then allow any application that accepts that format to open that note.  However, the question arises of what format it would spit out to the receiving application.... PDF? Plain Text? 

Hey Scott,

As JJ and I were discussing over email, it would be very useful to have the Evernote app be able to export notes into other apps via e.g. 'open in' or x-callback-url. This would have applications across the board, from reader apps such as Velocireader (I'm the developer of that app) to word processing apps. I think an open, editable format such as Markdown would be most useful all around. It would be able to keep formatting information as well as graphics elements as image links.

Thanks.

Hey Scott,

As JJ and I were discussing over email, it would be very useful to have the Evernote app be able to export notes into other apps via e.g. 'open in' or x-callback-url. This would have applications across the board, from reader apps such as Velocireader (I'm the developer of that app) to word processing apps. I think an open, editable format such as Markdown would be most useful all around. It would be able to keep formatting information as well as graphics elements as image links.

Thanks.

Yes good thought, I think markdown would be one of the most flexible defaults. Now it would be up to Evernote to be able to come up with an engine to rapidly convert their notes, which are HTML, into Markdown. 

I've personally got my fingers crossed for an x-callback-url (ideally) or "open-in" feature sometime, but I think there are a lot of things that would need to be figured out on Evernote's end before we see this. 

Archived