wemmons53

firefox [Feature Request] Option to remove pictures from article clip

Idea

I would like to see a simple option during the webclip to allow for the removal of pictures from the clip.

I do a lot of research clipping and just need the text for reference, not the images.  Also cuts down on storage space required.

There is a product that do clipping of articles called "Print Friendly" at http://www.printfriendly.com/ that has such a feature.

When they do their clip, it has a check box to allow removal of pictures form the clip.

This cleanly removes all pictures and grapics from the clip leaving a very clean text clip with formating.

This would be a great function for both the clipper and may as an editor options on Evernote itself, since it is ofter difficult to clean up the clip by way the formatiing goes on the editor. I am going to ask them if there product could put a store to Evernote option as an option.

By the way, is there a way to display the html code on the editor, like the html toggle button on most web based editors.

• Like 2

7 replies to this idea

The suggestion to remove images upon clipping is interesting, I can definitely see how that could be useful for articles where images are sprinkled in with text.

As a workaround, try selecting just the desired text before invoking the clipper (hard if the article has in-line images). 

There is no way I know to easily view the HTML of a note in Evernote. The only way I can think of at the moment is to export an individual note as "html" and open in a text editor. 

I'd like to +1 this request.

However, I'd like it to be a little more flexible by allowing to delete any HTML entity (for example deleting an entire div or image etc)

+1 to this as well. I've eaten up my usage for the month clipping recipes, but I never actually want all the ridiculous photos they include on food blogs, so I have to go in afterwards and delete them all by hand.

+1 to @wemmons53 // I would also like to have this functionality. I ran out of free quota as I web clip quite a bit. Yes it is possible to upgrade to Premium to get more quota but having this functionality will help to make notes easier to read.

I also want this feature and not the work around of painstakingly deleting all images as I have been doing.  Thank you wemmons for the tip about printfriendly.  That is exactly what I want EN to do!  That was a great tip.