(Archived) windows 8 problem with logging in after deactivating

creative58

Hi there, first of all let me say that I absolutely LOVE Evernote..... it is awesome!!

My problem arose when I accidentally made 2 accounts. I made the second account on my new laptop with windows 8. so i deactivated it through my browser and want to use my first account.  But, when I open the app on my windows 8 it tells me " This applications access was revoked via the evernote web service" so how do I login with my original account?

many thanks

• Level 5*

Are you using the Touch or the Desktop version in W8?

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling whichever version to see whether that gives you the option to log in using the correct details.

I'm not familiar with the 'access revoked' message except when using other apps that link in to my Evernote database so I'm not sure what's happening here - do you have an option to give alternative login details when you get the error?

Hi Gazumped, thanks for replying.  

I am using the app on windows 8, but havent a touch screen, so I assume that means I am using the desktop version?

The only thing it  offered was to put in a password but didnt give me the option to put in another username/email

Hi there, first of all let me say that I absolutely LOVE Evernote..... it is awesome!!

My problem arose when I accidentally made 2 accounts. I made the second account on my new laptop with windows 8. so i deactivated it through my browser and want to use my first account.  But, when I open the app on my windows 8 it tells me " This applications access was revoked via the evernote web service" so how do I login with my original account?

many thanks

Have you logged out of Evernote (rather than just closing Evernote) & then back in with the correct credentials?

• Level 5*

Hiya - the Touch app is accessed through the normal Windows 8 home screen - tap a square icon to open.  Right-click the icon or the opened window for menu options.

The Desktop version comes up in a classic Windows window with a detailed menu across the top.

-And what BnF just said..   ;)

Archived