RCBeall1

windows 8 Superscript / Subscript feature missing

I recently began using Evernote for windows since I purchased a new laptop.  I quickly noticed that you cannot format the text by inserting a superscript or a subscript.  Although I know you can paste it in from a program like Microsoft word, it is a hassle while I am in the middle of taking notes and it drastically slows me down.

I understand that Evernote cannot simply worry about implementing things that only a few users complain about, but I think that it is a little crazy that Evernote web has this ability to insert superscripts and subscripts but the windows client doesn't.  Desktop programs should have all of the features of a thin client plus many more.

If Evernote could make this addition in the next update it would be much appreciated.  I couldn't imagine it would take any serious coding to give us this ability.

Thank you.

Evernote is already thinging about revisions to the editor,  so hopefully this can be included in the next iteration - "serious coding" may not be required in showing a super-/ sub-script item on screen,  but rewriting the editor to make that option available without upsetting the millions of users on Windows variants via dozens of clients probably does involve a bit of effort in planning and execution...

Superscript/subscript support will be in 6.2.

Excellent! And of course it is already present and working in the latest version of the Android app. Curiously, superscript and subscript created in Android does display in the Windows program; it just can't be created there. In fact, if you're using Windows and type within a super- or subscript created in Android, it will type raised or lowered accordingly. So the underlying capability is there, just not yet the tool to click and start typing!