Evernote Sync Problem Please Help !

I am having a problem with Evernote Syncing.

I have to put 20000 Images to Evernote and Usually i would sync it slowly a few images at a time.

But then i added another 30000 images to my desktop Mac Evernote client and in the activity log is always shows Reindexing or Downloading or Syncing, but it does not add an images to the evernote server.

I cancelled the process a few times hoping the remaining notes simply just get uploaded to the evernote server, but I'm stuck as it won't happen.

Is there anything i can do ? 

So basically My Evernote client on my mac has 57000 images in all. There are about 200 Notebooks !

from the total, 20000 images are synced with the server. How do i get the remaing too sync.

I am a premium user and i have 6 GB of Usage upload. My pictures upload is less than 4 Gb so there is no problem with the capacity i am trying to upload.

i am attaching the zipped Log file for your reference !

Please help !

Thank you,

Cyrus ! 

Evernote_402474_2014-02-21.txt.zip

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums.  I'm confused.  A premium user has 1GB upload credit per month,  but can extend that credit -within limits- on a month-by-month basis.  How is it that you have a 6GB limit?  

Even if the 6GB limit is correct,  how are you connecting to the internet?  Most private and small business internet connections have a pitifully slow upload speed,  and 4GB is going to tie up the server connection for far longer than normal.  You'd be better off doing this in much smaller batches,  or finding another way to store your pictures on line!

• Level 5*

OK so I understand your increased upload limit,  but I still don't think it's practical to try and sync several GB pf storage in one go.  There are many possible problems.  Why don't you create a new 'local only' (unsynced) notebook and move any currently unsynced notes into that notebook,  except for a couple of smaller 'test' pictures.  If you can then sync those notes,  it's clear that it's the volume that is causing the issue rather than the content of the notes or some problem with the account itself.  I also recall that there used to be a limit on how many "high resolution" photographs that could be synced in one month.  I don't know whether that still applies,  or why it was imposed (unless Evernote was actively trying to avoid becoming a picture store) but even if Evernote doesn't enforce that rule,  it might still exist in the coding somewhere...

Anyway.  Baby steps people - lets try syncing a small number of notes,  then -if that works- a larger number,  and so on...

• Level 5*

OK so I understand your increased upload limit,  but I still don't think it's practical to try and sync several GB pf storage in one go.  There are many possible problems.  Why don't you create a new 'local only' (unsynced) notebook and move any currently unsynced notes into that notebook,  except for a couple of smaller 'test' pictures.  If you can then sync those notes,  it's clear that it's the volume that is causing the issue rather than the content of the notes or some problem with the account itself.  I also recall that there used to be a limit on how many "high resolution" photographs that could be synced in one month.  I don't know whether that still applies,  or why it was imposed (unless Evernote was actively trying to avoid becoming a picture store) but even if Evernote doesn't enforce that rule,  it might still exist in the coding somewhere...

Anyway.  Baby steps people - lets try syncing a small number of notes,  then -if that works- a larger number,  and so on...

I am not aware of any limit on high resolution photos. Here are the limits I have found:

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=169

Some high resolution photos will not be OCR'd, and the note size limit may also cause issues if you have especially large photographs. I think Evernote can work great with photos, but as Gaz said, the best way is to work with a local notebook (that will get everything into Evernote) and then slowly sync over time (that will get everything into Evernote's servers).

I have to put 20000 Images to Evernote and Usually i would sync it slowly a few images at a time.

But then i added another 30000 images to my desktop Mac Evernote client and in the activity log is always shows Reindexing or Downloading or Syncing, but it does not add an images to the evernote server.

I cancelled the process a few times hoping the remaining notes simply just get uploaded to the evernote server, but I'm stuck as it won't happen.

Is there anything i can do ? 

So basically My Evernote client on my mac has 57000 images in all. There are about 200 Notebooks !

from the total, 20000 images are synced with the server. How do i get the remaing too sync.

I am a premium user and i have 6 GB of Usage upload. My pictures upload is less than 4 Gb so there is no problem with the capacity i am trying to upload.

i am attaching the zipped Log file for your reference !

Please help !

Thank you,

Cyrus !

Just an FYI, since each account is limited to 100,000 notes, you have already used up half, if each image is a single note. I don't know how many more images plan on adding, but if you plan on adding this much regularly, you will quickly be needing many accounts & may want to look at another solution. Either Evernote Business or a true image manager program.

OK so I understand your increased upload limit,  but I still don't think it's practical to try and sync several GB pf storage in one go.  There are many possible problems.  Why don't you create a new 'local only' (unsynced) notebook and move any currently unsynced notes into that notebook,  except for a couple of smaller 'test' pictures.  If you can then sync those notes,  it's clear that it's the volume that is causing the issue rather than the content of the notes or some problem with the account itself.

I agree. IME, sync'ing 30,000 new notes could take quite a long time. Especially when you're talking images, rather than (normally) smaller sized notes containing text or small screen caps.

• Level 5

Frankly, I am worried, very worried. I believe Evernote has run into some serious scalability issues.

• I have 30,000 notes and my system has slowed to a crawl with fatal errors during the sync process. I am working with Evernote Support to try to resolve the issues.
  • Some power users on this forum, with even more notes, have already been through similar problems and tossed in the towel or resorted to draconian measures to keep the program running.
  • There is a beta release being tested right now that is hoped will address some sync issues
  • Evernote sent me two emails that warned me of an upcoming 3-hour server shutdown (see below)

Email notice #1) You are one of the very first users of Evernote and your account is on some of our earliest server hardware. To make your Evernote experience faster and more reliable, we will be upgrading the servers that house your Evernote account between 8am-11am PT on Saturday, February 22nd.

Email notice #2) We wanted to let you know that the server upgrades planned for Saturday, February 22nd will now take place on Saturday, March 1st between 8am-11am PT.

• Level 5*

I'm only up to half that in notes - 16,379 to be accurate - and haven't noticed any slow-downs yet,  but that may be to come.  I also have the 1st March upgrade coming up - don't think it's a definite shut-down for the entire 3 hours;  just some time during that period the upgrade will happen and we'll be offline for some of that time.  There are some precautions you can take if you desperately need guaranteed access to your notes,  though syncing will not happen until after the event.  I've experienced a few of these from the provider side - no matter how well planned 'routine maintenance' or 'upgrades' may be there are occasional disasters that fry access for longer than anticipated - I'd recommend not scheduling anything critical for 11:30am PT either...

Archived