Please bring back auto-titling on iPad IOS7

You've recently changed this, but not enough. We can only select a dummy title which never varies, or one made up from Evernotes idea of location.

What is needed is the autotitle made up out of the first words of the note.

This is often a very clear indication of what's inside.

This is also the way it works on Android, which has been very useful for a long time.

Please add this from of autotitling back as a selection in the preferences.

You will make a friend, and it seems likely many others, as this has been a very nice way Evernote works.

Thank you.

Well, I just erified that Android Evernote does provide your first words of text as title, which is what I ask for.

The setting which enables this is Enable Auto-title, under Settings:Note Creation Settings.

The same is true on the Windows client, and always has been.

It's only the iPad/iPhone client that fails to provide this. You only have the choice of General:Suggested Note Titles, which gives meaningless location titles. If you turn that off, all notes are titled Untitled Note.

I am asking that iPad work like the other platforms, and give titles which are the first words in the note.

This can be done by changing from Untitled Note ( which has what use?) or by offering a third option.

Please! On a mobile client is exactly where you don't want the effort and time of manually accomplishing this, do you?

I feel someone just made a mistake, and it's an easily corrected one. Thanks!

Well, I just erified that Android Evernote does provide your first words of text as title, which is what I ask for.

The setting which enables this is Enable Auto-title, under Settings:Note Creation Settings.

Hmm.. just tried this, I get an auto generated title using my location, not the first words of text from my note. Nexus 4, using the current Android beta release.

Archived