Dragon Naturally Speaking Dictation

Hi there,

I am an avid Evernote user and I really want to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking dictation software to create notes in Evernote. I can dictate into the title bar. However, when I dictate into the note area a dictation box comes up. This makes it slightly annoying to use on a regular basis. Seeing as this does not happen in the title bar area, I wonder if you can easily change things so that I can dictate straight into the notetaking area.

Thanks

CS

• Like 4
  • 3 years later...

I also would like to use Dragon Dictate within Evernote. It's certainly possible, at least on a Mac, to use the two systems together, and I do it all the time. But it's not a great experience by any stretch. Common Dragon features either don't work or annoying things happen -- like random letters begin to appear at the end of the dictation (lots of Ts and Os I've noticed), and the system doesn't automatically delete words after you've corrected them. Silly little things that get old really fast, and that are time consuming to repeatedly fix, and then fix again.

I read in the Dragon help system that Evernote is not optimized or does not contain some programming element that is necessary for speech-recognition programs like Dragon. As a service to all of us who either can't, or would prefer not to, have to type everything when there's a great option to dictate instead... can i request that Evernote does what it needs to do so that Dragon Dictate will work well?

Thanks.

• 9 months later...

I am also using Dragon Naturally Speaking and a big user of Evernote.  Would love to use both together for speed but have come across the same issues mentioned by other users.  Can Evernote look to fix issues that allow Dragon to dictate directly into notes?  Or advise alternatives?

• 3 weeks later...

I also use Evernote extensively and type very poorly. I do not care about any other updates incapability of Evernote, but the use of Dragon is vital. If I find another service that performs even half as well is Evernote and can use Dragon I will switch.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Has there been any development on this issue? I found several topics with users complaining about Evernote not working with Dragon, but I haven't seen any solutions.

I am using Evernote and Dragon on a Windows PC (Windows 10, latest build) and am having the same issue - it recognizes dictation when typing the title, but not the body. Or rather, on a few occasions it did recognize the text even for the body of the note, but it is very inconsistent and as a result very frustrating.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

Siri dictation works on Apple devices, title and note body.

No idea why dragon should not work in titles, but in the notes text. However, titles are AFAIK limited to 80 characters, not much dictation there anyhow.