Email to a specific Notebook (Using @)

Evernote is sending all of my email to the default notebook. Using @ and putting the name of the notebook after it in the subject line is not working for me, from Yahoo or Microsoft Outlook Exchange. I wrote to Evernote, and they replied promptly that they are looking into it and would get back to me.  It has been a couple weeks and I have written back twice, but have not yet received a reply. Any ideas what is going on? Why isn't @ working? Why aren't they replying? I don't have a premium account, but they certainly responded quickly the first time. 

John

That sounds suspiciously like an issue I've heard about from some ofy readers. Evernote is trying to be helpful, but sometimes it is a little too smart for its own good.

Fortunately there's a setting to turn it off. I wrote about it here http://archive.aweber.com/ds-papersanity/GsxAT/h/_DocumentSnap_The_Evernote.htm but at a high level here is what to check:

Click on the little triangle beside your name in the top right.

Click on Account Settings.

Click on Personal Settings on the left.

Either check or un-check Automatically file and tag notes sent in via email.

depending on which camp you are in.

Hi, here is an example of my subject line: Seven minute workout @Exercise

That should go to my Exercise notebook, but it goes to my default titled Pending.

In Evernote's first reply, they suggested unchecking Auto filing.  That hasn't fixed the problem.

If no one else has this problem, that seems odd to me....maybe I should try getting a NEW Evernote email address? 

Funny thing about it is I believe it was working for a while in the beginning but I was then too new to Evernote to know what was going on!  But now it is consistently NOT working to the right notebook.  Thanks for any help.

EDIT: THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SEVERAL WEEKS AT LEAST. I JUST TESTED IT TO RELOOK AT WHAT IS IN THE HEADER....LO AND BEHOLD, TWO EMAILS WERE FORWARDED TO THE CORRECT NOTEBOOK.

I WILL POST BACK IF THE PROBLEM RECURS.  WIERD!!!!!

UPDATE

I have played with this issue of @ and emailing to the right folder. If I put the following in the subject line:

Seven minute Workout @Health !2014/02/22

It will go to my default notebook but the reminder is correct

Does the ! make it go to default notebook, or is this a problem with my account?  At least I seem to have narrowed the issue!

• Level 5

UPDATE

I have played with this issue of @ and emailing to the right folder. If I put the following in the subject line:

Seven minute Workout @Health !2014/02/22

It will go to my default notebook but the reminder is correct

Does the ! make it go to default notebook, or is this a problem with my account?  At least I seem to have narrowed the issue!

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#/article/39521667

"Order is important. The subject line must be written as [title] [reminder] [notebook] [tag]."

Try switching the reminder and the notebook and see if that works.

THANKS ADJUSTING!  That was the problem. I am amazed how I missed that. I was absolutely certain the notation was Notebook first, then Reminder.  WOW.  Can't believe I missed that. Once again, thank you for pointing it out. I need to write Evernote and tell them it was me, not the program!

• 1 month later...

I figured it out. I had a notebook of the same name "home".

So EN's parser got a little confused and the ordering (tag after notebook) didn't help it "unconfuse it". So the instructions "order matters"...should say well...kinda sorta.

When I renamed the notebook it worked just fine. So it appears for this to work, you can have @ in a tag as long as you don't have a notebook with the same name.

Archived