gersh

ios Content from one note replaced content in another note, original note left empty

Here's what happened:

I used the webclipper (Safari) to save the content of three Wikipedia articles and a PDF, and then I also forwarded an email with flight information to my EN email address. All of these items went to "Inbox", which is my default notebook. After editing the email in EN on my iMac, I synchronized my account. I didn't check the Wikipedia articles, so I don't know if they were okay or not, but the email was exactly where it should have been.

I then opened Evernote on my iPad. While it was syncing I hit the little elephant head icon, in the upper left of the window, to navigate back to the main menu, at which point Evernote froze and crashed. After opening it again it continued syncing without any further complications. 

About an hour later I opened "Inbox" on my iPad and discovered the following: Two of the notes that should have contained the Wikipedia articles were completely empty, only the titles and meta-information were intact. The third article and the PDF were okay. Furthermore, the note with the email no longer contained the email, but instead contained one of the Wikipedia articles, minus the images.

Does anyone have any idea how this happened, and how I can avoid it? Luckily I didn't lose anything important this time, but this kind of glitch could prove to be catastrophic in the future. 

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Check on the web at Evernote.com to see if your notes are correct there.  If so,  sync your iPad again.  Sounds like the crash caused an issue with the local database.  As long as your later sync didn't overwrite the correct note content with that of the damaged notes you should be OK.  If the notes online are also affected the only way to avoid this sort of situation appears to be to leave Evernote to sync before you attempt any other activity,