Basic formatting (Bold, Underline etc) not working

AnnaGardner

Idea

Every since I recently updated to evernote 5.5 the formatting no longer works. Clicking the bold/italic etc buttons or using keyboard shortcuts does not work. Right after I click the button it flashes blue (like when bold is on) and then immediately goes back to grey. 

8 replies to this idea

I have the exact same problem. I raised a ticket also (have premium account) but no response yet. This is hard to imagine, how such basic functionality is broken. Not able to change bold, underline etc.

Forget the keyboard shortcuts, I tried to do it from menu bar - no luck.

Evernote, please fix this asap or at least tell us a workaround!!

• Level 5*

I have the exact same problem. I raised a ticket also (have premium account) but no response yet. This is hard to imagine, how such basic functionality is broken. Not able to change bold, underline etc.

Forget the keyboard shortcuts, I tried to do it from menu bar - no luck.

Evernote, please fix this asap or at least tell us a workaround!!

Same question.  And if you had no response at all,  your support request didn't take for some reason - please resubmit.

Hi guys, i am not sure if you use Evernote with MAC but i had the same problems as you have/had. No formatting works anymore.

I have a folder beneath my Mac-Application folder for my primary applications. So i did this for the Evernote application as well.

folder /Applications/MyFolder

I had no problems with the Evernote since last update as you have.

What i did is to move the Evernote App back to the default MAC Application folder of the mac - an hurra - everything works again.

folder /Applications

Seems that the new version has problems to find their tools if the folder changes - not good programmed.

I'm having the same problem, but for me it's UNDERLINE that isn't working. It did work, but even then the underline was slightly across the bottom of text, not beneath it. Anyone got a solution? I use Evernote so much; this is quite frustrating.

• Level 5*

Everyone please backup your notes and try uninstall/ restart/ reinstall before adding comments here.  If a reinstall doesn't fix the problem please also submit a bug report and post your ticket number here so an Admin can tie up the two.

Backups - http://www.howtogeek.com/163349/how-to-backup-your-evernote-notebooks-just-in-case/

Reinstall - https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/24422932

Bug Report - Choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here> https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Premium / Business users also have access to a Chat option (7am-7pm PST weekdays) - click 'continue' on the support page after logging in.

Archived