Firstname_Lastname

Help with Audio Notes

I'm looking for some help regarding a file that I'm trying to move from my phone to my PC.

I recently made an audio note on my android phone that won't sync to my computer. Looking through the directory, I haven't found a file that seems to resemble what could be that note. Does anyone know how or where audio notes would be saved on an Android phone?

I found a .dat file that's sizable and could be the audio clip, but I don't know how to open it.

Does anyone have any advice for a file that refuses to snyc?

Hi - welcome to the forums.  Can you email or share the note somewhere?

No, the share button is grayed and the email button is shaded out, too. Could it be because of the size of the audio note? It's quite large at 5MB. It's an hour long clip.

Edit: Thanks! I'm sure this is a great community!

Don't see that a 5MB file should cause a problem because of the size - that could be a note with a couple of pictures in it.  You're not exceeding any limits that I'm aware of.  I'd suggest you raise a ticket with the support team - they may be able to help rescue the data or get you synced.  Till their response comes in,  just keep on trying to sync - use your best wifi signal and a charger connection so there are no interruptions!

-And in the future you might want to use an external recorder app that will save the file to your card as a standard-format sound file.  You can embed that into a note - and you can also transfer it via DropBox or something similar pretty easily.