Google Authenticator Numbers Don't work

I'm trying to set up two step authentication on my account. It's a basic account. Every time I get to the step to scan the barcode into Google authenticator and enter the code - the code never works. Evernote tells me it's not the number it's looking for.  Does anyone else have this issue? I deleted and re-installed Google authenticator with no luck. 

• 7 months later...

Was this ever resolved? I run into the same problem. This it what happens:

Go to Security Summary > Two-Step Verification > Click enable > Continue > Continue > Send verification e-mail > Click "confirm e-mail address" link (or copy/paste confirmation code...either way I get the same ultimate result) > Enter phone number > Enter verification code > Skip back-up > Continue with Android > Open Google Authenticator > Set-up account > Scan bar code > Evernote shows up in GA > I copy/paste code in "Enter code" box > Receive the message: "Your code doesn't match what we're expecting."

I reproduce this result ever time I try to enable two-step verification. It doesn't matter with I use Chrome or Firefox. Same results. I've even went back trying to use the confirm code from the very first time I tried setting up two-step verification, hoping something might have changed. No dice. 

Time on my phone is set correctly.

I mention that I was able to set up two-factor authentication with Google Authenticator for my Google, LastPass, Facebook, and Dropbox accounts. My Evernote account is the only one still giving me trouble. 

I should also mention that I tried setting up two-factor authentication on my Evernote account on 10/5/2014 and today (10/10/2014). Both to no avail.

• 11 months later...

UPDATE:

This issue I originally had was on a Galaxy S3 device, of which I rid myself 2mos ago. So I won't be able to speak to that issue being resolved or not. 

BUT, I can say that 2FA with Google Authenticator and Evernote on my new Nexus 6 works perfectly fine. 

(I did check that my device time was being updated automatically via the network as per commenters' advice)

Thx guys!

• 4 weeks later...

My phone settings for time and date are 'automatic' and 'use network-provided time'. In all the time I've used this phone, a Motorola Moto G, 2nd generation, using a code from the Google Authenticator app has never worked. I should probably point out that the authenticator codes work for other sites where I use two-factor authentication. 

Ideas?

-- Marcel

• Level 5*

My phone settings for time and date are 'automatic' and 'use network-provided time'. In all the time I've used this phone, a Motorola Moto G, 2nd generation, using a code from the Google Authenticator app has never worked. I should probably point out that the authenticator codes work for other sites where I use two-factor authentication. 

Ideas?

-- Marcel

I'd suggest raising a support ticket - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.

Archived