Synchronize notes with hand-outs

HugoHermans

Is there a best practice on how to synchronize notes taken during classes and seminars with the hand-outs or lecture notes, using Evernote of course?  Suppose, as a student, I'm attending a seminar, I got the lecture notes upfront as PDFs, and want to annotate this PDF with the extra's and idea's explained by the professor.

• Level 5*

Is there a best practice on how to synchronize notes taken during classes and seminars with the hand-outs or lecture notes, using Evernote of course?  Suppose, as a student, I'm attending a seminar, I got the lecture notes upfront as PDFs, and want to annotate this PDF with the extra's and idea's explained by the professor.

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Here is a blog post that might answer some questions about organization.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=1724

To answer your specific question, I annotated PDFs using my iPad and emailed them (or used "open in")to get them into Evernote. It works pretty well and even if you get the handout in class instead of beforehand, you can just snap a photo of the page and annotate that.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Evernote premium now allows annotation directly within Evernote - http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/28944986

Now this would make me buy the premium version. (Really don't like Skitch.) Now all I need is money, lol. Hubby's not had much of stable income in a long time. Really hope his newest job works out. Ah well, such is life!

Thanks for alerting us Troy!

Hi. It is Skitch that you use to annotate PDFs. You can now open up the PDFs into a Skitch interface from within the app (see screenshots on the linked page to see).

• 6 years later...
On 2/21/2014 at 1:03 PM, Wordsgood said:

Now this would make me buy the premium version. (Really don't like Skitch.) Now all I need is money, lol. Hubby's not had much of stable income in a long time. Really hope his newest job works out. Ah well, such is life!

Thanks for alerting us Troy!

If you are a student then you get 50% off.