Fastest way to sync a note, from my Android phone?

So ive learned I need to sync right before and after editing a note on my phone.

That said, the only way that works for me is actually closing the note, going to the home-screen, going back into the note...and this last action initiates the "spinning circle" in the upper right hand corner and then the note is synced.

There has to be a faster way.

I have also tried clicking on the 3 little dots on the bottom of the screen which brings up a menu, which has a "sync" option in it. 

Pushing this does NOTHING.

Can someone explain to me what the purpose of that sync option is within a note and what is the fastest way to make sure your notes are synced prior to/following an edit?

I find with version 5.7.1 (public) and with Sync in the general settings set to Auto, the moment I exit a note a sync begins.

If you are set up for manual sync only, the menu-initiated sync might have a short delay. If you are using auto sync, make sure you have WiFi, if you've chosen 'WiFi sync only'.

Not single reply to such a simple question??

I see you've received one reply since. But this is a users board. And it's a holiday weekend in the U.S. And maybe no one else who has read your post has an answer. Posts often get answered quickly. But it's also reasonable to wait a few days to see if you get a reply. If you want direct EN support, please submit a support ticket - see my signature.

Not single reply to such a simple question??

I see you've received one reply since. But this is a users board. And it's a holiday weekend in the U.S. And maybe no one else who has read your post has an answer. Posts often get answered quickly. But it's also reasonable to wait a few days to see if you get a reply. If you want direct EN support, please submit a support ticket - see my signature.

Good point; just sent them an email.

That said, I have emailed them about this before and they seem to always dance around this question.

I find with version 5.7.1 (public) and with Sync in the general settings set to Auto, the moment I exit a note a sync begins.

If you are set up for manual sync only, the menu-initiated sync might have a short delay. If you are using auto sync, make sure you have WiFi, if you've chosen 'WiFi sync only'.

That doesnt happen for me.

Also, you are insinuating that one must leave a note in order for it to sync.

I am set up for auto and cannot figure out how to sync my notes, while still in the note I just edited...

• Level 5*

I am set up for auto and cannot figure out how to sync my notes, while still in the note I just edited...

You use the menu Sync command.

Are you referring to the sync option in the pull-up list after you push the 3 little dots on the lower right hand corner of the screen?

if so, this sync button does nothing.

It will not initiate the "spinning circle" in the upper right hand part of the screen, which indicates the notes is syncing/has synced.

Are you referring to the sync option in the pull-up list after you push the 3 little dots on the lower right hand corner of the screen?

It will not initiate the "spinning circle" in the upper right hand part of the screen, which indicates the notes is syncing/has synced.

Hi. I am often using my android phone when working in Evernote and I think you may be a bit confused about how Android works versus a Windows operating system. There are no spinning discs when on android when syncing a note, or a notebook, or your whole database.

I am not a power user so manually sync every time I add or edit something in Evernote. If you have an open note, then tap the check mark symbol in the Upper Left corner of your screen. If you do not have a note that is actually open and are simply looking at your main database screen, then yes, tapping the three vertical dots in the Lower Right corner to bring up your Option Menu, then tap the Sync option, it IS syncing. The only confirmation you will get about when the sync is complete is pop-up text bar that will flash up on top of whatever screen/app your in by the time it finishes. In my experience, the sync is almost instant and the pop-up message confirming it flashes off so quickly that it's very easy to miss.

This is something you can easily check yourself with these steps:

1) Add one or two new notes to your database, then

2) Sync the whole database by tapping the three vertical apps in the lower Right hand corner of your corner of your screen to bring up the Options Menu, tap Sync, then

3) Go to your computer, open Evernote, Manually sync the whole database and wait until the "disc" stops spinning to indicate the sync is complete, then check - the note(s) you just added via your android should now appear on BOTH your Andoid and your Computer.

Remember that after you make any changes to your database - such as adding a new note or making changes to an existing one - from EITHER your Android OR Computer, BOTH locations must first be Synced to the Evernote Servers BEFORE the updated version will appear in BOTH locations.

Well that was a bit windy even for me... ;) Anyway, hope this helps!

Wordsgood

Hi. I am often using my android phone when working in Evernote and I think you may be a bit confused about how Android works versus a Windows operating system. There are no spinning discs when on android when syncing a note, or a notebook, or your whole database.

I am not a power user so manually sync every time I add or edit something in Evernote. If you have an open note, then tap the check mark symbol in the Upper Left corner of your screen. If you do not have a note that is actually open and are simply looking at your main database screen, then yes, tapping the three vertical dots in the Lower Right corner to bring up your Option Menu, then tap the Sync option, it IS syncing. The only confirmation you will get about when the sync is complete is pop-up text bar that will flash up on top of whatever screen/app your in by the time it finishes. In my experience, the sync is almost instant and the pop-up message confirming it flashes off so quickly that it's very easy to miss.

This is something you can easily check yourself with these steps:

1) Add one or two new notes to your database, then

2) Sync the whole database by tapping the three vertical apps in the lower Right hand corner of your corner of your screen to bring up the Options Menu, tap Sync, then

3) Go to your computer, open Evernote, Manually sync the whole database and wait until the "disc" stops spinning to indicate the sync is complete, then check - the note(s) you just added via your android should now appear on BOTH your Andoid and your Computer.

Remember that after you make any changes to your database - such as adding a new note or making changes to an existing one - from EITHER your Android OR Computer, BOTH locations must first be Synced to the Evernote Servers BEFORE the updated version will appear in BOTH locations.

Well that was a bit windy even for me... ;) Anyway, hope this helps!

Wordsgood

Thanks for your post WordsGood.

There absolutely is a "spinning disc" on Android.

If when in a Note you go back to the home page and then go back into a note, you will see the spinning disc in the upper right hand corner.

In fact, as per you instructions, after I click the little check on the upper left hand corner, I get the spinning disc again.

That said, I will try what youve said above...its possible I just havent been syncing BOTH systems on time/properly, hence one not reflecting what had been done in the other.

Thanks!

EDIT: so, I just did a quick test.

If I edit a note on my android phone, sync it, then go to my desktop and sync that too, my desktop DOES reflect the changes I made on my phone.

However, when I change something on my desktop, sync it, then go to my phone, swipe to the right out of the note I was in, push the little sync button on the bottom of the page AND push the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and push sync there too...the changes are not reflected on my phone.

This is what I dont understand.

In order to get my phone to show the sync  i have to close the note and go to the Evernote homepage and then re-opne the note. This initiates the spinning disc and then the changes are there.

Granted I can do this but its 2 extra steps and I dont understand what the sync buttons are there for is they dont do anything.

Thanks again.

Archived