Business Card Scan Should Create Contact Record on Mac

It's cool and fun to take pictures of business cards and then have their data extracted.  But it's pretty useless unless it integrates with your Address/Contact data.  On a Mac you have a built-in place for the information.  If Evernote doesn't want to get that platform specific, it could make the information available as a vCard file that could be opened by a wide variety of address/contact programs.

When I take pictures of business cards with my iPhone, it does add them to my contacts on my phone. If I synced my iPhone contacts with my Mac, they would then show up there. 

I have looked through the iPhone app and there is not settings to integrate with Contacts and I'm not ending up with the contacts being added.  There's still something missing here.

• 4 months later...

From within Evernote: Settings>General>Camera>Business Cards>Save Contact Info to Contacts. When you enable that option, you will be asked if you want to grant access to your iOS Contacts to Evernote.

Thanks for the clear explanation. That worked for me to get new business card scans into my iPhone's address book. Its still very frustrating that Evernote does not seem to have a way to sync the business cards with the iPhone or Mac address book though. I had CardMunch, which did this very well and connected with LinkedIn (which Evernote seems to do as well). Not having the sync capabilities is going to make it more complicated and time consuming to use than CardMunch was.  Its a shame they got rid of it instead of just charging users for the valuable service.

Both Mac and iOS have settings to help you save to your device address book and individual commands to save the contact data to your address book after they are converted to contact notes.  

Both platforms rely on the OS to sync address book data from your devices.  This is the same mechanism that CardMunch used.  So if you scan on iOS and want your business card info on your Mac, you must make sure your default Contacts account on iOS is the same account on your Mac and visa versa.  

Archived