Nebillo

VERY LOW Resolution .PSD file in Evernote/Windows

I am using evernote on Samsung S-Note Tablet 10" 2014 edtion, and I take a lot of notes; so I decided to share my notes on a live skype presentation on from PC.

When I open my Evernote Windows on my PC (synched with my tablet), my hand-written notes show in .psd file format at a VERY LOW resolution .psd file format.

How low is the resolution you might ask?: Think of the files being faxed using a 1978 300 baud dialup modem vs. emailed using a 100 MB high speed internet connection... that's how junky and lowres are the psd file formats, which I was displaying from my evernote Windows/PC application!

so, I go online to download an application that opens .psd files, assuming that this will solve the low resolution problem... I find out that .psd is a format used by Adobe to lock pdf files, it's a 3D constructon file format, it's a Harvard Graphics .psd file... so many .psd Windows file converters, but none will open our beloved .psd file generated from Evernote!!

clues? help?

again, my objective is to show my .psd notes in HIGH RESOLUTION...

I still see no options to address this. I was anticipating being able to store good quality images/records and that Evernote Pro would OCR the content.

Anyone seen a light in the tunnel on this?

I currently have the same problem. I think the extension you are referring to is actually a .SPD not .PSD (PhotoShopDocument most commonly)

Perhaps give this a try: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/snote/

I got it to work by exporting the note from Evernote (right click the note > Export Note...)

Choosing "Export as a single HTML Web Page (.html)" ... (It appears to save as a .SPD file like this. Other options might work too)
and then opening the note (.spd) directly with Snote for Windows from the above link.

Update:
Better yet, if you open the note in Evernote and right click the .spd file info caption towards the bottom left of the thumbnail you can click "save as...". Then open with S-Note for Windows.

It will be much better if let evernote recognize such file type (*.spd) just like word files and give us options in the right click over such attachments  like "open in", so we can open it in the S Note windows application. Then the changes that is made will be in the same note. The way of the previous commenter is a little bit cumbersome and unfortunately currently I did not find anything better.